Greetings from the southeast!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, one of the issues in the hobby are the elitist who don't understand that not all of us have mega budgets to play with...No worries though, keep spreading the word! You will find people with lower budgets that will be very appreciative!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Krtismo,

I was . . . until this morning when my wife reminded me the 14th was my nephew's wedding. Not a chance of missing that -- I'll miss the patch fly-in, but for good reason :)

I do highly recommend going -- grteat event -- but if you've got an LRS or 72Mhz control, bring it. 2.4Ghz is locked out to allow for video to use the band :p

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
At 12 vs. 17 hours (neither of which are a reasonable day's drive for the non-trucker), it's just about the same complaint . . .

. . . but yes -- I've driven the route between here and Ft Lauterdale many times -- you've got it worse.

(BTW, Don't drive past me . . . I was surprised to find that Google calculates it at nearly 200mi out of the way)

bitogre

At 12 vs. 17 hours (neither of which are a reasonable day's drive for the non-trucker), it's just about the same complaint . . .

I'm getting different numbers (17.5 hours vs 20 hours). But yes, I plan on taking two days each way.

. . . but yes -- I've driven the route between here and Ft Lauterdale many times -- you've got it worse.

Feel free to give me a call next time you are down here so we can meet up.

(BTW, Don't drive past me . . . I was surprised to find that Google calculates it at nearly 200mi out of the way)

I was not planning on it unless I was going to be carpooling with some one on that route. Not even sure that makes sense though as I expect my car to be full with everything I'm planning on bringing. Not sure how much spare room I will have (especially on the trip home when I'm coming with more planes than I am going up with).

VARick789

Another Tampa Bay area flyer (newbie actually). Flying a Radian out of New Port Richey at the moment. Another park area is Dunedin and couple of indoor locations in NPR and Hudson.

Tactical Ex

Looks like my neck of the woods is condensing with Flite Test members! Varick789, you've got 4 FT members within an hour of you. 2 directly south, the other ESE and the other NE.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
South Florida, and North Carolina seem to be hot spots of FT fan activity! Where's all the Florida Panhandle folks?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Mag,

They will be in your neck of the woods this May -- They'll be coming down to Joe Nall, just south of Woodruff, and should be there for several days (they haven't announced yet, but I'd expect mid week through the weekend, and they usually camp out on the electric line).

A genuine blast of an event (as you probably know), and well worth the time dropping by if you can :)

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Magwie

Thank you, "Craftydan" for the welcome and the info.

Where might one look for/find details or more info on this event? I would love to attend.

I've been the hobby for several years but have yet to attend any "events". I love the FT shows, very informative and you can tell that they all genuinely enjoy what they are doing. Also, everyone I've had the pleasure of interacting with here on the forum ...... seams like it would be a fun crowd to hang out with.

Thank you again,
Magwie

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Thank you, "Craftydan" for the welcome and the info.

Where might one look for/find details or more info on this event? I would love to attend.

I've been the hobby for several years but have yet to attend any "events". I love the FT shows, very informative and you can tell that they all genuinely enjoy what they are doing. Also, everyone I've had the pleasure of interacting with here on the forum ...... seams like it would be a fun crowd to hang out with.

Thank you again,
Magwie

Mag, are you in for a treat :)

Right in your back yard is one of the (if not THE) worlds largest flying events, held every spring:

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/joe-nall-week.php

If it's RC outdoor flying, it's done there, from large scale models (last year they had a few 3/4 scale Fokker DR-1's), down to the dinkiest of electric micro's.

There's several other events held there throughout the year, but this is their biggest. Just signing up as a spectator is amazing.

Of their other big RC events held there, I haven't been to Frosty Dog, but E-Week held at the end of the season in Fall is a quieter, more relaxed event (I expect the Frosty Dog is more of the same). I'm planning on hitting both Nall and E-Week this year, and I'll probably fly 2-3 times more at E-Week, in half the time.

Magwie

Wow, that does looks exciting. Why am I just hearing about this now?? ;) ;)

I'm relatively new to the area (2 years now, from MN) So I'm still kinda "gettin' my feet wet" in the local RC scene.

Thank you for the info. I'll get in touch with Scott Capps for any additional help.

Happy flying.