Gremlin battery/FC disconnect

jamesd3rd

I just got a Gremlin to assemble and I was just going over everything. I noticed the included hardware listed on the site, shows you can include a 2s battery with a JST or a 3s with an XT30. Every picture I've come across representing a 3s lipo, uses an XT30. Sure enough, in the package, the battery has an XT30 and the FC power leads are using a JST plug. I guess I was thinking the power wiring for the FC would be based on the type of battery that was shipped with it. Do people just buy leads with an XT30 plug for the small FC or do they clip the XT30 plug from the lipo leads and replace it with a JST?

Thanks

Last edited:

jamesd3rd

I always recommend going with XT-30, the JST-RCY plugs are only rated for like 9 amps.
The Femto FC has some pretty small pads and the 850mah 3s pack looks like it's using something like 14 or 16 gauge wire for its XT30 connector. I'm assuming it's best to stay with a likewise wire gauge to solder to the flight controller with the XT30 male plug even with the small solder pads?

jamesd3rd

18 gauge would probably be perfect.
I ordered some XT30 w/pigtails but they are 16 gauge. Shouldn't be an issue. No one sold any with something as thin as 18. I could have made one but I just need one connector and most sellers carry loose batches of 10+.