Gremlin motor upgrade or not?

striker8

Hey folks!

I've gotten my gremlin out of hibernation and now run into a conundrum. I've got a motor that is having some issues from it's rough and tumble early life. Now looking about I have more options available for it's replacement and I have no idea what to do.

Should I just replace it with one of the silver 5450kv like came in the kit? Their available right now and I've got some experience with them.

Should I wait for FT to restock the upgraded "Gremlin" 1104's? I don't know anything about them other than what is written in the store and people in the forums have said, but they are claimed to be more efficient and have upgraded bearings and shafts. Down side is I'd have to wait since they're out of stock right now.

Should I venture into 1106 land? I've seen people rave about them. Would I have to upgrade the esc's too? even if I just plan on sticking with 2s's?

I'm not a "racer" and just really tool around with it, and it's what I have been using to show people what hobby grade quads are like after letting them fly one of my tiny whoops a bit so I'd like to keep things "stock" if possible but better and more durable trumps that. So that leads me here asking the experience pool how to proceed.

Thanks.