Gremlin prop issues

Anydrone

Hello,
Just built and maidened my FT gremlin. All is flying smooth but about 30 seconds into flight the motors spin the props right off. The shaft on the motor isn't long enough to support any retention from the top of the prop, and I don't want to glue\epoxy them in place for obvious reasons.

Anyone else had this issue and found a work around? Or should i just buy new props and replace them when this happens?

Using a 3s 850 mAh.

Thanks in advance

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hello,
Just built and maidened my FT gremlin. All is flying smooth but about 30 seconds into flight the motors spin the props right off. The shaft on the motor isn't long enough to support any retention from the top of the prop, and I don't want to glue\epoxy them in place for obvious reasons.

Anyone else had this issue and found a work around? Or should i just buy new props and replace them when this happens?

Using a 3s 850 mAh.

Thanks in advance

Use either some Blue Loctite ThreadLocker or a nylon lock nut. If you use the threadlocker, be careful not to get any in the motor itself, and you’ll need to let it dry per the instructions before you try to fly it.

Attachments

• 8E5DAEFB-F0DA-43E0-87DA-CAD5EF30E69F.jpeg
    8E5DAEFB-F0DA-43E0-87DA-CAD5EF30E69F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Anydrone

Use either some Blue Loctite ThreadLocker or a nylon lock nut. If you use the threadlocker, be careful not to get any in the motor itself, and you’ll need to let it dry per the instructions before you try to fly it.

So the current configuration im flying doesn't have a threaded prop shaft. The props simply press onto the shaft and that's it.

Motors are out of the FT gremlin power pack. Gremlin 1106-6000KV motors.

Anydrone

So the current configuration im flying doesn't have a threaded prop shaft. The props simply press onto the shaft and that's it.

Motors are out of the FT gremlin power pack. Gremlin 1106-6000KV motors.
____

Just now seeing that there are provisions for securing the props to the motor!!

thanks for anyone who clicked to help!