Help! Gremlin receiver connection issues

ej310303

I recently bought a gremlin and just finished assembling it. When I was binding it, everything seemed fine. When I was setting up the receiver in Betaflight, with the transmitter still bound, nothing was showing. I looked at my transmitter and saw that there were no signal bars. Can anybody help me solve this issue?
Capture.PNG
20181228_185756.jpg

ej310303

Flash the latest version of betaflight, this is a common issue with older versions.
That didn't do anything. My problem is that for some reason, my transmitter is connected to, but not talking to the receiver on my gremlin, which then can't tell betaflight the info.

ej310303

Not sure. I didn't have to use the firmware flasher when I plugged it in. Betaflight recognized the board automatically. Is there a way to tell what version it is by plugging it in to Betaflight?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Not sure. I didn't have to use the firmware flasher when I plugged it in. Betaflight recognized the board automatically. Is there a way to tell what version it is by plugging it in to Betaflight?

Yes, it is displayed near the top left of the window, and in the CLI by using the version command.

If you didn't update the firmware, your problem is most likely caused by an incompatibility between the configurator and firmware versions. Use the firmware flasher to get the most recent stable version on the FC and your problem should go away.

ej310303

Yes, it is displayed near the top left of the window, and in the CLI by using the version command.

If you didn't update the firmware, your problem is most likely caused by an incompatibility between the configurator and firmware versions. Use the firmware flasher to get the most recent stable version on the FC and your problem should go away.
Can I still flash firmware with everything still soldered on?

ej310303

When I try to flash the firmware, it doesn't work for some reason. It also doesn't boot into DFU mode when I plug it in

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
To get it into bootloader mode (DFU) you have to short the boot pads while plugging in the USB cable. The easiest way I have found to do this is to use metal tweezers to short the pads, though you can use pretty much anything metal.

If it still won't go into DFU mode, it's probably a driver issue. The ImpulseRC driver fixer tool will get you sorted out - Downloads - ImpulseRC