Help! Gremlin receiver help

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am not a spectrum guy but I think that is a full size receiver and is nearly as big as a gremlin hehe.

If I am not wrong Spectrum has what is called a satelite reveiver that is about the quarter that size.

As far as osd that is done by runcam cameras having minor osd built in. Newer betaflight flight controllers have all out full on everything + the kitchen sink osd built in, and last there is the minim osd add on board.

To be honest on the gremlins an osd is not really necessary.

That said.. i use a runcam swift micro 2 on mine and used to have my name and pack voltage displayed. I have flown enough now I dont need it as I have a throttle %timer running and can bring it down at 3.7 to 3.8 volts every flight no matter how I fly.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I’m not much of a quad person but that receiver looks small enough. If you compare it to the size of the connectors next to it, it isn’t very big

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Is there some way I can use this receiver on a gremlin? Also, is it possible to display voltage and current draw as an OSD with this receiver?
It outputs the Spectrum "Serial" signal and it is intended for small multirotors so you can use it provided the flight controller you use supports Spektrum "satellite" protocol. It has diversity antennas and should have better range than using a "satellite" receiver. However it is a bit expensive.

It supports Spektrum telemetry which means if you add the right sensors and have the right Spektrum TX you can see such things on the TX and even get alerts.

Generally OSD has nothing to do with the receiver except that the receiver may supply RX batt and RSSI/other signal quality telemetry values which may be available to the OSD somehow. This can be a bit convoluted. It probably depends more on your flight controller and OSD as to what telemetry streams are supported and how. I doubt very much that the current draw is available without a separate sensor. You would have to add a current sensor and the the flight controller/ OSD would need to be able to read that directly or monitor the Spectrum telemetry signal.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The 'speksat' protocol is supported by all the major firmwares, I believe it was the first serial protocol used in multirotors. These days, the OSD is usually built into the FC and configured via the Betaflight GUI. This is not the case with the Femto FC that the gremlin power pack includes, you would need to use a camera as Psyborg suggests, or an addon board like a MinimOSD.

As for telemetry, the FC acts as a great many sensors when using FrSky or Crossfire, I'm not sure that functionality with Spektrum has been added to Betaflight yet, or if it can be.

ej310303

I am not a spectrum guy but I think that is a full size receiver and is nearly as big as a gremlin hehe.

If I am not wrong Spectrum has what is called a satelite reveiver that is about the quarter that size.

As far as osd that is done by runcam cameras having minor osd built in. Newer betaflight flight controllers have all out full on everything + the kitchen sink osd built in, and last there is the minim osd add on board.

To be honest on the gremlins an osd is not really necessary.

That said.. i use a runcam swift micro 2 on mine and used to have my name and pack voltage displayed. I have flown enough now I dont need it as I have a throttle %timer running and can bring it down at 3.7 to 3.8 volts every flight no matter how I fly.
About how long would a 7.4V, 450mah battery last on the gremlin?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Depends how you fly. I get 3 to 9 minutes on both my 2s and 3s 450 mah packs depending how much I crash and do the walk of shame and how much I hit the throttle.

If you are asking about it for how long to set the % timer I set mibe at 1:45.

I suggest starting at 1:15 and adding time 3 - 5 seconds at a time until your batteries after resting hit the charger at 3.7 - 3.8 v per cell.