Grifflyer Bell P-39 release

This is awesome man! I love any warbird that runs on quad motors. My hanger has taken a toll due to me learning fpv, so I need to replace some of my big and small planes. This one looks like fun, and have you seen the sneak peaks of the Master series P51!?! I'm waiting for that to come out so I can use my larger electronics.

Could i use a 2207 1700kv motor? Would this help with the retracts as they are heavy? What prop should i swing?
I have the emax 2306 2600kv running a 6" on 3s on my mini master series corsair. It hauls ass. Motor gets a little warm, not gonna lie, I'm "testing the thermal threshold of the magnets"...sure But I really want to get the 1700kv variant and run 4s on a 6" like Squirreltail suggests.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
This is awesome man! I love any warbird that runs on quad motors. My hanger has taken a toll due to me learning fpv, so I need to replace some of my big and small planes. This one looks like fun, and have you seen the sneak peaks of the Master series P51!?! I'm waiting for that to come out so I can use my larger electronics.
Thanks!!
Yes I've seen some of those photos it looks AWESOME.
After I finish V2 of the P-39 I'm going to apply similar concepts to a Mini Spitfire.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Now all that's left is the canopy!!
a.jpg

Weather permitting maiden should be tomorrow.

Jackson T

Elite member
Thanks!!!

It's really just a basic frame drawn from a 3 view I found on the internet, and then "skinned" it in foam by test fitting and trimming a little bit off until it fits nicely.
Well, you did an excellent job! How many planes have you designed so far?