Grifflyer Bell P-39 release

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here she is, all painted up, I'm quite proud of what I was able to do.
View attachment 135729

View attachment 135730

View attachment 135731

I'm going to be putting this up for auction at the Veterans Airshow at Flite Fest so if you're there, you can buy it!!

After FF I'm going to do a bit of work on the plans before I make a separate thread for the release of V2.
I can't even tell that's made out of FB first looking at it, it looks so clean, nicer than a lot of high end retail RC planes. You are already acing master series techniques that the FT guys have barely started offering, and incorporating into your own designs👍. My stuff looks like FT early releases(Nutball,Delta,Flyer, ABC Jets). Not necessarily a bad thing though, as I've been in the game less than a year and there's always a demand for planes that take minimal time and skill and foam to build but give you a lot of bang. I'm glad you got to experience Flight Fest, I doubt I'll be able to go any time soon, but I'm hoping one of my designs might be able to go with somebody next year!

PoorManRC

Master member
The P-38 and P-39 are my favorite Warbirds!! (y)(y)
Mostly because as a former 1:1 Pilot, I absolutely prefer Tricycle Landing Gear.

YOUR P-39 looks fantastic!! Any plans for a larger scale version?
Also like your Weathering skills! I'm also a long time Model Railroader, and value Weathering.

Is it just me? I'm not seeing any Signatures anywhere. I can't get to your links...

PoorManRC

Master member
There is a setting under "Your Account" and "Preferences" that says "Show people's signatures with their messages " - make sure that little box is checked
I just did that, and it's checked... But still no signatures.
Oh well, might be my old phone. My Computer hasn't worked in over 5 years. This is all I've got. Stuff happens...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I finished up the new structure!! Everything aft of the nose + part is new.
P1280271.JPG

PoorManRC

Master member
Here she is, all painted up, I'm quite proud of what I was able to do.
View attachment 135729

View attachment 135730

View attachment 135731

I'm going to be putting this up for auction at the Veterans Airshow at Flite Fest so if you're there, you can buy it!!

After FF I'm going to do a bit of work on the plans before I make a separate thread for the release of V2.
That is a work of ART! 👍👍
Beautiful Aircraft! I remember when you started this Thread, but didn't get to see the finished product.
Personal preference ONLY, I want Large-scale Planes. Not huge , but at least 5 - 7ft Wingspan...

It just looks SO GOOD! If I can find someone to blow up the plans - and cut it (I'm kinda USELESS), I would proudly add THAT to my Collection. 😎😁

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I made a small section of the wing so I could test the fitment, it came out really good.
P1280305.JPG

Now I've got to tear off all the bended stuff.