Grifflyer Plans Index

PoorManRC

Master member
The V2 Grunjet plans, which now has a V tail option, have been added to the first post!
VERY COOL!!!
Honestly, it amazes me how all of you have come up with SO many cool prototypes!!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
And although this point is obvious....
These sweet looking and flying Aircraft are FOAM CORE BOARD!!
(DUH!! We all know that)

I guess this broken old Fart is so impressed because I haven't had a working Computer, Printer or precision equipment in over 8 years! 😞😒😭😭😭😭
Never got to ride the Laser Cutting, modern CAD/CAM, definitely MISSED the 3D Printing revolution..... My Hands are so bad, unless I can get someone to cut me a Kit - I'm relegated to minis and the early Simple Series Planes.
I feel like I've pushed that too far. I don't want to seem like I'm begging.... Or as 2 People started 3 years ago, scamming People!! πŸ˜–πŸ˜ž
I STILL can't shake that bad rap...
(Sorry, don't want to open THAT can of worms)

Back to the point...
So yeah, I'm bloody Impressed with all of your Work! πŸ˜ŽπŸ»πŸ»πŸ‘Œ

Hey BTW, I keep hearing Bix talking about the upcoming KITFOX release....
Is that the same one that @BATTLEAXE designed?? πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
It's really a cool looking design! Simple and elegant lines, appears to be rugged.

And the ScrubSmacker! COOL little Bird! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘
I've made two attempts at cutting it... Jagged uneven lines off sized in spots...
And end up with RED Foam Board!! πŸš‘

Same with trying to redo the Wing from a Storch I started 3 years ago, and the now HACKED UP nose on my P-40! πŸ˜–πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ž

BUT - My "Super Blender" still flies like a DREAM! (Again thanks @BATTLEAXE for your advice on my Mods!!) πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
.... For those who don't remember or never knew about it, Bixler's Baby Blender - lower Wing +1.5", upper Wing +3", rear Fuse is stretched about 4 inches. Changed it from slightly TWITCHY to smooth as Silk, and still responsive!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŽπŸ»πŸ»

Extremely sorry I can't get rare flying time AND someone to make a Video at the same time. 😭

Yeah... I'm babbling. I'm sorry! Corona-HYSTERIA BORED!!!!!
I sincerely HOPE that you and your Families are SAFE and Healthy. πŸ’ͺ

I've been gone a good while. I just haven't had the time, stuff or Money to get anything done! 😭😭 Hopefully my Stimulus Check will FINALLY get here.
Stay SAFE my Friends!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
VERY COOL!!!
Honestly, it amazes me how all of you have come up with SO many cool prototypes!!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
And although this point is obvious....
These sweet looking and flying Aircraft are FOAM CORE BOARD!!
(DUH!! We all know that)

I guess this broken old Fart is so impressed because I haven't had a working Computer, Printer or precision equipment in over 8 years! 😞😒😭😭😭😭
Never got to ride the Laser Cutting, modern CAD/CAM, definitely MISSED the 3D Printing revolution..... My Hands are so bad, unless I can get someone to cut me a Kit - I'm relegated to minis and the early Simple Series Planes.
I feel like I've pushed that too far. I don't want to seem like I'm begging.... Or as 2 People started 3 years ago, scamming People!! πŸ˜–πŸ˜ž
I STILL can't shake that bad rap...
(Sorry, don't want to open THAT can of worms)

Back to the point...
So yeah, I'm bloody Impressed with all of your Work! πŸ˜ŽπŸ»πŸ»πŸ‘Œ

Hey BTW, I keep hearing Bix talking about the upcoming KITFOX release....
Is that the same one that @BATTLEAXE designed?? πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
It's really a cool looking design! Simple and elegant lines, appears to be rugged.

And the ScrubSmacker! COOL little Bird! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘
I've made two attempts at cutting it... Jagged uneven lines off sized in spots...
And end up with RED Foam Board!! πŸš‘

Same with trying to redo the Wing from a Storch I started 3 years ago, and the now HACKED UP nose on my P-40! πŸ˜–πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ž

BUT - My "Super Blender" still flies like a DREAM! (Again thanks @BATTLEAXE for your advice on my Mods!!) πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
.... For those who don't remember or never knew about it, Bixler's Baby Blender - lower Wing +1.5", upper Wing +3", rear Fuse is stretched about 4 inches. Changed it from slightly TWITCHY to smooth as Silk, and still responsive!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŽπŸ»πŸ»

Extremely sorry I can't get rare flying time AND someone to make a Video at the same time. 😭

Yeah... I'm babbling. I'm sorry! Corona-HYSTERIA BORED!!!!!
I sincerely HOPE that you and your Families are SAFE and Healthy. πŸ’ͺ

I've been gone a good while. I just haven't had the time, stuff or Money to get anything done! 😭😭 Hopefully my Stimulus Check will FINALLY get here.
Stay SAFE my Friends!!
Thank you very much sir!! I've been missing being able to see all your awesome builds on here, especially the scale details you can add to some of these, truly inspirational!!
As far as I'm aware the kitfox FT is working on isn't related to Axey's. I'm glad to hear your still able to have fun with the baby blender, I understand that it can be tough getting someone to film at times. It's nice to hear you're still holding up through these times!

PoorManRC

Master member
Thank you very much sir!! I've been missing being able to see all your awesome builds on here, especially the scale details you can add to some of these, truly inspirational!!
As far as I'm aware the kitfox FT is working on isn't related to Axey's. I'm glad to hear your still able to have fun with the baby blender, I understand that it can be tough getting someone to film at times. It's nice to hear you're still holding up through these times!
Thank you so much for the kind words!
We're hanging in there. GLAD to hear that you Guys are too. πŸ‘πŸ‘

Us poor idiot Disabled Veterans apparently are getting Stimulus Checks AFTER everyone who makes $75,000 to $99,000 per year. The Govt gives me less than $13,000!!! 😞

Although younger Vets, post 9/11 Vets and severe cases got theirs early! I'm good with that.
Just miffed that people who bring in FIVE TIMES as much income as I do, get theirs first.
And it's not the People getting it - but the bloody IRS!!! πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ 

When I DO get mine... The Wife is allowing me to get a few new TOYS!!! 😁😁😁😁
Spending a BUTTLOAD on a new Axial Unimog - with enough upgrades up front to really go BADASS!

My FIRST top shelf RC Crawler in over 6 years!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ»

On the Aircraft side, since my cutting skills are CRAP, a couple of Speed Build Kits!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ And good Foam!

Might be an odd choice... But I really want a FT Sportster! I LOVE my Mini Sportster, and want the big one.
Nice Open Cockpit for detailing! 😎

I'm still keeping my Foamies cheap. I could get a MS Kit, even two... BUT to spend that much money (OVER $100 after goodies) for something that the Bureau-Nazis at the FAA may not even let me FLY? I can't.

....... With the stream of new sub-250g Planes coming out from FT lately - I'm starting to think they KNOW something.............

Yeah, the Sportster is 2-3 times over that limit, but it LOOKS small, flies slow, and I don't think Cops are going to go around with GRAM Scales (except in Drug Busts!!! 😜), so the mid sized FT Aircraft should "fly under the radar"!!
BA DUM DUM!! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

SO??? How are YOU doing?
How are all of you doing? For those getting Stimulus Checks, what TOYS are you getting/got? 😁

One of my Friends got the VIRUS!! Happily, he's looking better! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ Still a ways to go...

Please stay SAFE! All of you!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Us poor idiot Disabled Veterans apparently are getting Stimulus Checks AFTER everyone who makes $75,000 to $99,000 per year. The Govt gives me less than $13,000!!! 😞

Although younger Vets, post 9/11 Vets and severe cases got theirs early! I'm good with that.
Just miffed that people who bring in FIVE TIMES as much income as I do, get theirs first.
And it's not the People getting it - but the bloody IRS!!! πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ 

Spending a BUTTLOAD on a new Axial Unimog - with enough upgrades up front to really go BADASS!

On the Aircraft side, since my cutting skills are CRAP, a couple of Speed Build Kits!! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ And good Foam!

Might be an odd choice... But I really want a FT Sportster! I LOVE my Mini Sportster, and want the big one.

I'm still keeping my Foamies cheap. I could get a MS Kit, even two... BUT to spend that much money (OVER $100 after goodies) for something that the Bureau-Nazis at the FAA may not even let me FLY? I can't.

....... With the stream of new sub-250g Planes coming out from FT lately - I'm starting to think they KNOW something.............

Yeah, the Sportster is 2-3 times over that limit, but it LOOKS small, flies slow, and I don't think Cops are going to go around with GRAM Scales (except in Drug Busts!!! 😜), so the mid sized FT Aircraft should "fly under the radar"!!
BA DUM DUM!! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

SO??? How are YOU doing?
How are all of you doing? For those getting Stimulus Checks, what TOYS are you getting/got? 😁

One of my Friends got the VIRUS!! Happily, he's looking better! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ Still a ways to go...

You should get a needle cutter! That way you will be able to cut your own kits! It can be built for well under $200. That will end up being cheaper than buying several SBK's and you'll be able to cut out as many kits as you want! Me and a friend have one on order and so far the only complaint I have is the long shipping times! The US parts we ordered after the needle cutter itself arrived before the needle cutter even shipped... :oops: Here's the link in case you're interested: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...p-diy-cnc-foamboard-cutter.61018/#post-516063

PoorManRC

Master member
You should get a needle cutter! That way you will be able to cut your own kits! It can be built for well under $200. That will end up being cheaper than buying several SBK's and you'll be able to cut out as many kits as you want! Me and a friend have one on order and so far the only complaint I have is the long shipping times! The US parts we ordered after the needle cutter itself arrived before the needle cutter even shipped... :oops: Here's the link in case you're interested: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...p-diy-cnc-foamboard-cutter.61018/#post-516063
Thanks!! I've heard all kinds of good things about it. 😁
..... It's the BUILDING it part, and we have a SMALL Apartment. 😞

Thanks for the thought though! I appreciate it. πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'll have two, maybe three Speed Build Kits to keep me busy.
STILL messing with trying to turn a FT3D into a NON 3D! 😲
If I find the right formula.... I can finally try it on an Edge 540 - the one I wanted in the first place - but modified more for tamer, Pattern Flying! 😁

Please stay SAFE! 😷

OliverW

Legendary member
Thanks!! I've heard all kinds of good things about it. 😁
..... It's the BUILDING it part, and we have a SMALL Apartment. 😞

Thanks for the thought though! I appreciate it. πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'll have two, maybe three Speed Build Kits to keep me busy.
STILL messing with trying to turn a FT3D into a NON 3D! 😲
If I find the right formula.... I can finally try it on an Edge 540 - the one I wanted in the first place - but modified more for tamer, Pattern Flying! 😁

Please stay SAFE! 😷
If you turn down the rates, it will fly super easy and trainer like! I have to turn down the rates a lot on our big birds so we can fly IMAC.

[Doug]

BA DUM DUM!! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

SO??? How are YOU doing?

are you still looking for a sportster I just finished printing and tapeing a set of plans for that one. still have to apply them to poster board and recut them out but its no problem to trace out 2 sets of foam and cut them if you still want one of them to build? the only problem is that I am realatively slow at cutting them and it might take a week or two before they will be close to being ready to build let me know my email is dstarkey15021@gmail.com and we will make plans on how best to get that to you. oh and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to our country, with all due respect doug