Grrrrr this new miniquad stuff is driving me mad.

Verizino

Why can't they be as easy as cars?! Just kidding, after struggling with my new (first aerial vehicle) multirotor, it's not exactly been the smoothest process.

I'm running a naze32 rev6 acro FC, 4 racerstar br2205 motors (2600kV), 4 racerstar 30A escs, the usual matek pdb and a turnigy 9x transmitter with ia8 receiver. Now heres some stuff that seems a bit funny.

1. motors stutter beyond half throttle
2. Motor 3 seems to run slower than the rest when controlled from the TX (it works as it should when powered through cleanflight.
3. Motor 1 seems to accelerate when setting the throttle to just above idle position.
4. Can't seem to get more than 2 aux ports working (managed to set an arm and an angle mode switch, but I'd like to set the 3 pos switch to acro, horizon and angle).

Those are the main issues I've been having whilst following Josh's Naze32 video.
Any help's massively appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Collects parts for 7 months, doesn't knowhow to set it up :D

Liam B

Could you post pictures? It may just be a solder joint, or it could be a bad batch of ESCs. I don't think it the flight controller, but it could be that too. Also, the shudder you get at half throttle, could be a tune thing.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Numbers 1,2, and 3 sound like common (and correct) behaviors to observe when running the motors on the bench without props on. Number 4 is a bit tricky because the turnigy 9x stock firmware is not incredibly user friendly. I would do some google searches on setting up the 3 pos switch as I assume many others have gone through and solved the problem as it is a popular radio.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test mate. You have come to the right place for help.

I agree with Snails that some things sound like normal behavior. However I can not help as I have no experience at all with your radio gear. I can tell you there is a certain procedure that needs to be done for set up no matter what gear. Some videos don't show everything that should be done in general and only show what needs to be done when using specific gear.

Have patience and someone with experience with your gear will most likely post to help you. In the mean time you can look at Joshua Bardwells channel on you tube as he does a lot of videos to help people. Painless360 is another who does a lot of product reviews and set up videos. Between these two guys I have learned at least 80% of what I know from them.

In any case if you can post screen shots of your config pages and make a short video of the behavior you are getting we could more specifically aid you and get you in the air.