Grumman S-2 Tracker Foam Board Build

vhandon

Build Update 5

After almost two weeks of filling and sanding and painting I have decided I am done with the body work. I could easily spend another two weeks to get a better result but I talked myself out of it. I realized this is a still a foam board plane that may or may not fly and if so may only fly once. I definitely only achieved beauty when viewed from 10 feet away but I really just want it to look good in the sky.

After all the filler and paint, the weight ballooned to 1750 grams. I am really concerned that the Twin C Power Pack may not be enough. If anyone thinks I need larger motors please let me know and I will order a few. I just need enough power for scale flight, not planning on any acrobatics.

All that is left is to build a battery tray and then the maiden at FliteFest Texas. It feels like I have been working on this thing for months but after looking at the date of my first post it has been just under a month. Time to take the new Valiant out for a spin to celebrate.

Painted-Front.jpg Painted-FrontLeft.jpg Painted-FrontRight.jpg Painted-Side.jpg Painted-Rear.jpg

vhandon

Will you be making plans. I am very interested
I was not planning on creating plans for this plane. I am not sure how much I can add to the build process that would make it any easier. All the measurements were pulled from the balsa plans I bought online. Also, I don't have the skills to create a set of planes on par with what I have seen from others. I will be learning how to create plans over the next few months so I may come back and add some plans here, at least for the wings and control surfaces.