Help! Guardian Gremlin won't connect with Beta Flite

luvmy40

Elite member
I just got the Guardian Gremlin put together last night. I had some issues with soldering, which may be the source of my problem here. I downloaded Beta Flite and updated to the newest version. When I initially connected the flight controller to the computer via USB, I got LEDs on the board, but The configurator would not connect to the controller board. Not on any COM port, at any baud rate. Now I don't get any LEDs and the computer doesn't see the board when connecting.

Is there something I am missing or is my flight controller smoked?

Liam B

So it did recognize the board when you first plugged it in and it wouldn't connect, or it never recognized it? Either way, make sure that cable you're using is a data cable and not just a charge cable.

B200TPilot

Hello!
I am having the same issue, I have tried multiple different cables. I finally went and purchased another this morning which is a known data cable. Still, the computer doesn't recognize the flight computer. I have also updated/installed all the drivers listed on the Betaflight homepage. I tried the Impulse RC Driver Fixer as well, it also didn't see the flight computer. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

luvmy40

Elite member
I ended up ordering another flight controller. I'm pretty sure I smoked the first one soldering the leads. I have new solder tips, new solder, and new flux for this go round.

B200TPilot

I've tried 4 different PCs now with the same results. I think I may have smoked mine as well. Let us know if that fixes the problem.