Guess what I'm building......

PaulT

Mentor
Might as well start building because "the weather outside is frightfull..."

AA433102.jpg

PaulT

Mentor
Only took two replys and Pat nails it!! Yes, it's the Polaris. I figure with all the rain lately I might as well build something that I can fly off the water and if it freezes, off the snow. I'll, of course, be modifying it a bit with a KF-2 airfoil because I can't just leave well enough alone . Lol.

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
Well Good Luck with the Build Paul, I downloaded the Polaris Plans a while ago(and pretty much all other plans that Steve Shumate- Jetset44 created lol
) and kept putting it on the back burner...but I just might have to build one before winters over!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yes!

You´re building exactly what I want to build soon! It is just that I have to many things that I want to build.

Have fun building it and keep us posted.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Look like a sweet build....I have just managed to source some depron in the uk so a scratch build will be on my mind when the weather fouls up

PaulT

Mentor
She looks great! Did you build it to fly off of water?

Water, ice, snow and grass when it stops raining..
Came in a little over the recommended weight of 22 ozs (mine is 25 ozs). I overbuilt the wings 2 x 4mm foam laminated together with cf rods and heavier taped edges.
But I think the weight gain was really in the sticker!!
CF2AB08A.jpg

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
My son built one that did well.
It flew great.
It didn't float as great though.
It's another none on my list of builds-to-do. I actually went at it once but then got ticked of with it and scrapped it.

Did you go with all the specified parts?