guillows british se 5a

rusty059

help on building my fist plane, a guillows britsh S.E. 5A. problem is with the tail right now, on my plan its solid but every photo i see its split. this is for show only as its my first plane.

Turbojoe

Elite member
help on building my fist plane, a guillows britsh S.E. 5A. problem is with the tail right now, on my plan its solid but every photo i see its split. this is for show only as its my first plane.

By "split" do you mean that the rudder is shown as a separate piece from the vertical stabilizer? Pictures of your situation will be a big help.

Joe

TooJung2Die

Master member
on my plan its solid but every photo i see its split.

I think I understand the question. The control surfaces (rudder and elevator) for the Guillow's SE5a kit are not movable. The vertical and horizontal tail pieces are each one piece, there is no "split". If you want them to move you will have to create your own hinge line (you call it a split).

rusty059

I think I understand the question. The control surfaces (rudder and elevator) for the Guillow's SE5a kit are not movable. The vertical and horizontal tail pieces are each one piece, there is no "split". If you want them to move you will have to create your own hinge line (you call it a split).
Thank you! understand now, never did find a hinge, lol Appreciate it!

rusty059

By "split" do you mean that the rudder is shown as a separate piece from the vertical stabilizer? Pictures of your situation will be a big help.

Joe
Well not on the plane its one-piece, but there is no hinge in the kit, so another member told me its just one piece. thanks for the help!

Turbojoe

Elite member
Well not on the plane its one-piece, but there is no hinge in the kit, so another member told me its just one piece. thanks for the help!

If it's only for display then don't worry about it. I have a few kits that I may build and NOT cover just to have for display. I have a completed and 100% ready to fly http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2 Monocoupe 90A that just turned out way too nice to fly. All I have to do is put a battery in it and go. It now sits in the living room just looking pretty...... Some kits like that S.E.5 make very nice display only pieces. Please post your progress.

Joe

Last edited:

Jackson T

Elite member
If it's only for display then don't worry about it. I have a few kits that I may build and NOT cover just to have for display. I have a completed and 100% ready to fly http://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2 Monocoupe 90A that just turned out way too nice to fly. All I have to do is put a battery in it and go. It now sits in the living room just looking pretty...... Some kits like that S.E.5 make very nice display only pieces. Please post you progress.

Joe
That is a very nice looking plane!