Guinea Pig -500 Series

flyemhi

Finished Guinea Pig but I added more candy bombing space per my kids request so the -500 series. I added 5 inches of cabin to allow a little more cargo capacity for other experiments. I also rigged the door to open and close and will add that to the pictures later. No gear saves weight and I belly land everything on crappy grass. My son sacrifice two Lego dudes to fly. Maiden flight is coming!! Soon as I get a day with no rain or little wind.
IMG_1293.JPG IMG_1294.JPG

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
My seven year old and I will be doing this. He thought it was really cool when I showed it to him.

Last edited:

mjcp

Cool! I have a Guinea pig in on the wait list. Its big already so what's another 5" :D

But... I hope you don't get and CG issues, esp when the cargo releases... might be way nose heavy once emptied (assuming it was balenced when loaded!)

Most strech versions involve 2 additional sections, one in front, one behind the CG:

737 stretching through the years - it gets longer both sides of the engines.

mjcp

flyemhi

I made the 5" section removable if needed. IMG_1295.JPG
I installed two pieces of foam at an angle to divert the cargo out the door. IMG_1297.JPG
The servo is used to open and close the cargo door. I is a simple wire bent in an "L" shape and shoved in the foam. This works OK for now but I already have a better idea to reinforce and make it more reliable. IMG_1296.JPG

m_eye_flying

Servo setup

I made the 5" section removable if needed. View attachment 46341
I installed two pieces of foam at an angle to divert the cargo out the door. View attachment 46344
The servo is used to open and close the cargo door. I is a simple wire bent in an "L" shape and shoved in the foam. This works OK for now but I already have a better idea to reinforce and make it more reliable. View attachment 46345

Can you describe more of what you did with the servo? I am following your lead on this and have setup a servo and L shape wire, but I 've tried that the location of the servo you show and could not get the door to open far. As well as lowering the servo. It seems no matter if I place the L shape wire near cargo opening or 1/2 way down the door. 1/2 way seems to be more solid a location and less stress on door, just can't seem to get it to open far enough. Servo horn is centered via servo tester. Thanks for any tips.

dayve

Its big already so what's another 5"

michaelscott.jpg

Seriously, though. That's an awesome build! I have a Guinea Pig on the build list for candy dropping purposes this summer. I may try a copy of your door mechanism. It would be really cool to be able to close it. Is that just a regular 9g servo, or a metal gear, or what? Does it have any trouble closing the door? I'm thinking maybe a 9g metal gear on each side of the door would be the ticket. Of course one of them would need to be reversed somehow or flipped.

I am getting mine ready for our church Easter egg hunt. Kids don't know they are getting bombed too! Wait... That doesn't sound
Good does it? Anyway I got 100 of those empty eggs to put one piece of candy in and fill the cargo full
Gonna be fun

Mytmerc83

Have not stretched mine. We fly in an empty field across from a dog park and I have filled it with dog treats an dropped them, dogs go crazy, owners kinda think it's neat. I also have mine set up to open and close. Bent a piece of wire also but used antenna tube on the bottom of the door instead of going into the foam. Works good and keeps the wire out of the way of the cargo.

Not to nit pick but wouldn't it be the Guinea Pig 200?

Or maybe the Mini Guinea is the 100 so the stretch would be the 300.

Great looking plane

Last edited:

Maxstudio

Set mine up with a servo horn on the door and added a lip to seat the door, may add a spring to the rod to soften the load on door when closed 20170330_204508_resized.jpg

Last edited: