H-quad Help !!! noob stuck with kk board and v2.5 firmware

MasterChief

hi i have built a Hquad and it is very unstable and it is drifting towards one side
i have tested it with a v2.5 firmware and configured everything properly but it drifts at one side and i have adjusted the trim in the controller and the pots in the kkmulticopter board but still drifts when it hovers
my config is as follows:
end to end length of the frame is 19cms
landing gear length is 3.5cm
propellers: 3 blade 5x3 gws
motor : dys 1600kv
esc: dys 10A
battery:7.4v 1200mah
rx/tx: 6 channel 2.4GHz
kkmulticopter v2.5 firmware
weight:400gms
is there any other factors im overlooking ? and i am unable to configure it with v4.7
and i am also gonna build a new one with 25x25 cms size and i need to know which propeller and battery to use i have 4 emax cf2822 motors and 4x40A mystery esc
it is mainly for FPV and i need a easily configurable flight board and which is better ? MultiWii or Ardupilot ?
thanks in advance

voipmonkey

Hi
I have been running a h-Quad i built for a while now (Gorilla glue is magic) and i have been using an Ardupilot 2.5+ booard on it. Amazing board, if you can afford it get one, if you are wanting configurable on the fly you will need the telemetry kit too as you need to use a pc to configure.
I have just today thought i would stick a KK2 board i had on another Quad i had not flown yet onto the H Quad.
Running 1.5 FW 20A Simon K Esc's i had the quad up in the air and flying stable in a matter of moments.
The nice thing about the KK2 is that you can configure it on the fly using the built in LCD (Protect it though very easy to damage).
I have been into th ehobby for a couple of years now and have tried many controller boards including the multi wii and older KK boards but the KK2 board fro the money is Ace.
I have yet to put my money into a Naza because of these cheaper boards. Just got a cheap key chain camera too to see if i can get some video from the H-Quad and early videos are looking ok. I know i will have a go pro soon, cant help myself.
hope this long post is helpful.
Mark

MasterChief

Hi
I have been running a h-Quad i built for a while now (Gorilla glue is magic) and i have been using an Ardupilot 2.5+ booard on it. Amazing board, if you can afford it get one, if you are wanting configurable on the fly you will need the telemetry kit too as you need to use a pc to configure.
I have just today thought i would stick a KK2 board i had on another Quad i had not flown yet onto the H Quad.
Running 1.5 FW 20A Simon K Esc's i had the quad up in the air and flying stable in a matter of moments.
The nice thing about the KK2 is that you can configure it on the fly using the built in LCD (Protect it though very easy to damage).
I have been into th ehobby for a couple of years now and have tried many controller boards including the multi wii and older KK boards but the KK2 board fro the money is Ace.
I have yet to put my money into a Naza because of these cheaper boards. Just got a cheap key chain camera too to see if i can get some video from the H-Quad and early videos are looking ok. I know i will have a go pro soon, cant help myself.
hope this long post is helpful.
Mark

thank you Mark for the helpful reply i will get a APM2.5 and a mavlink OSD for the next bigger build and one more thing can you suggest me the combination of propeller , esc and motor which gives 400gms of thrust ? the smaller the better thanks.
Cyril Anthony.

voipmonkey

I have no idea all i can say is i like the NTM Series motors from hobby king. Used all different types now and different sizes and they seems to work nicely. Some are a little out of balance but a simple zip tie can resolve this.
I mostly use 9 or 10 inch props. My H-Quad is about 1kg which is quite heavy and the NTM 28-36 750KV with 10x4.7 gem fan props it lifts off at just below half stick. What I can say with 100% certainty is find speed controllers that are flashed or can be flash with the SimonK firmware. This is a must for Quad and any other multi rotor for that matter. Will make your life so much easier. I have a lot of turnigy plush speed controllers that I don’t use any more due to not being able to flash them.
I am currently using the Hobbyking blue series 20 and 30 amp which I have flashed and they are ACE.
But hey who am I just smashed up my H-Quad (Arm Broke Gorilla Glue still holding, lol) so a good excuse to build a new one and paint it this time, was not perfect lined up anyway 
Good luck
Mark