H-Quad Scratch Build

Team_Monkey

Here is the maiden flight video. I keep it short and sweet.

Flies nice and stable but as it is a 2S bird the yaw is a bit slower. After the flights today I cranked up my rudder endpoints and increased my positive expo on the rudder channel. It should be more responsive next time.

andstore

Is this something that is still worth building? (obviously with a modern flight controller)

I'm considering building it as my first quad. My future goals are more down the autonomous aerial photography (GoPro w/ stabilizer) route, plus a little bit of learning acro, not so much into drone racing.

What would be some affordable modern motors that would be good for this size H frame, with a small pay load (FPV & GoPro w/ stabilizer), for a beginner?

Thanks in anticipation for anyone kind enough to comment!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
H quad makes a great platform to both learn on and as an AP ship.

The Flite Test Versacopter gave me my start in building and modding.

Any f4 and above flight controller with features you want to grow into will be good.

Any 2306 2400 kv range motors will work well. If you build it as 6 inch or 7 inch prop range size it can carry a decent size camera and fpv gear easily.

Bigger props and lower kv motor setups give you more stable and more effecient flights for photography.

Im sure others will chime in who are more into Ap then I am for more specific ideas.