Hallo Community

JP FPV

Hallo all,

I am JP (aka: "JP FPV")
I'm living in the Netherlands.

As a kid I started flying with those Silverlit toy planes and couldn't get enough of them.
After that I was thinking I'd better buy a real RC plane.
That was about 2007, Went to the local hobby-shop and asked for a good beginners plane.
So he gave me the Multiplex mentor :rolleyes: It was really big and intimidating.
I did a couple of flights, had a big crash and the intimidation stopped me from flying.
I still have the plane to this day but it does have some experience scratches:eek:.
This was me trying to fly alone and that wasn't as fun as I thought.

Than came Flight Test and I watched almost from the beginning.
The FT Flyer caught my attention and I started flying again. (Thanks guys)
At that time I was already working for the electronic production company I still work for.
2 of my colleagues where also interested and we started flying together.

Planes I have made are:
- FT Flyer
- FT Spitfire
- FT Sparrow
- FT Versa Wing
- FT Guinipig
- FT Mighty Mini Pun Jet
- FT Duster
- FT Mighty Mini Scout

If also flown many different planes like DLG, 3D
Some times i fly with a race quad but still planes are my favorite.
The best thing in the world I like to do is help others trim or even maiden there plane.

Now I'm into designing planes and the plan is to make plans for them:D.
I'm aiming for the intermediate builders and hope you guys like it.

Currently I'm busy with a WW1 "POLIKARPOV_I-153" which is almost ready for maiden.
I'm making this plane for FPV because I love Scale FPV Cockpits.
attachment.php

And I've made a "Eurofighter Typhoon"
This is some really rough DVR footage so bear with me.

It flew but I'm redesigning it to be a Big twin EDF with thrust vectoring (Wild idea)
attachment.php

Because Flite Test gave so much!!! I hope to give back a little.

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Welcome! Awesome work on your planes so far. The Polikarpov looks excellent, and the Euro will definitely be an impressive sight!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to the Flite test family mate.

You have really progressed since that first experience. That POLIKARPOV_I-153 looks amazing. I am sure many will be looking forward to what ever you come up with in here after seeing that. Vectored edf with a foam board plane is quite the task. I will keep an eye out for that thread for sure.

JP FPV

Thanks guys I'm happy to see people like the Gull Wing shape just as much as i do.

Hello and welcome! I like that Bi-plane! got any plans for it? love the upper wing shape!

Gerald C.

I wil make a more detailed post of this plane in the "Mad (Scratch) Builder's Corner" really soon.
In the photo you see the first proto and while I was building this I made small changes to the plans but these are not tested yet.
After it had its first maiden and flies good, I will make PDF plans.

Take a look in my album if you like to see more.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums JP! Love that Polikarpov biplane - beautiful work! Do you plan on releasing a set of plans for the community on that one? *edit - I see the answer - awesome!! :) *

And can I talk you into joining our WW2 forum design challenge? :p

JP FPV

Welcome to the forums JP! Love that Polikarpov biplane - beautiful work! Do you plan on releasing a set of plans for the community on that one? *edit - I see the answer - awesome!! :) *

And can I talk you into joining our WW2 forum design challenge? :p

I've seen the challenge and I love German WW2 planes but unfortunately I want these 2 projects to finish before adding a new project ;).
I will be following the challenge for sure.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I've seen the challenge and I love German WW2 planes but unfortunately I want these 2 projects to finish before adding a new project ;).
I will be following the challenge for sure.

That's OK - the closing date for having challenge entries ready to score isn't until December 31st, so you have plenty of time :)