Hangar 9 pt19 repair

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I've fixed all the small cracks in the cowl with a thin layer of epoxy which was the smeared even thinner and peft to cure for a day. then I traced out the etched line inducating where the line between the blie and flat black was. I also did some masking to ensure the line wasn't painted over and lost.
AE31CC86-ACD0-4344-8C10-D68519CD50E2.jpeg

Bricks

Master member
Running a gas motor you do not need a BEC you can either run 2 2 cell Life batteries one for ignition and one to the receiver or one larger Life. Some like to keep igniton battery seperate as there is a small chance of interference from the ignition to the receiver.You should really run an Opto switch with a gas engine for safety reasons. You do not need a special servo for the trottle any standard servo works, you will adjust linkage and throw by the length of servo arm you use then set up the rest in your transmitter so you do not stall the servo...

Edited to add I would not of painted the cowling yet as modification are going to have to be made for the DLE to fit for cooling, and exhaust.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
A few other things you are going to have to do using a gasser it is a good idea to pin the firewall drill small small holes thru fuselage and into fire wall then insert dowels and epoxy in place. Gassers vibrate so much it will rip the firewall loose after some flying.. Did not see if you pulled the old mount for the electric but it needs to come off as you will be using standoffs to mount the DLE.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
A few other things you are going to have to do using a gasser it is a good idea to pin the firewall drill small small holes thru fuselage and into fire wall then insert dowels and epoxy in place. Gassers vibrate so much it will rip the firewall loose after some flying.. Did not see if you pulled the old mount for the electric but it needs to come off as you will be using standoffs to mount the DLE.
I actually know a guy who can help me remove it, but because of the current situation I can't visit him. When I do We'll rip out the electric and make a poper gas mount as far back as possible so that the plane needs less tail weight. He'll also help me drill out the cowl and prop for the 35A.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I've decided to make all the servos in the PT-19 metal gear Flite Test servos just so that the chances of a failiure are power.