Happymodel smartaudio not working

jtimpano108

I have a happymodel sailfly x that I just got and set it up directly to the instructions provided along with some help from online I have the spektrum dsmx version bound to my dx6e that has the vtx setup option in it for smart audio

I used the newest beta flite version so i had to update drivers and update the FC firmware and I used the akk 3.3 fix that I found people using as a solution on youtube, I have the right vtx table loaded into beta flight from happymodels website as well

However when I plug in and go to my vtx setup in my tx and hit send it does t change anything the osd changes in my goggles to show the proper band channel and 25 mw power setting but the the drone doesn't actually change its vtx settings, I also tried to use the osd menu to change the vtx settings and that also had no affect on it, right now the only way I can get the vtx to change band/channel is by manually clicking the button on the vtx...I'm pretty much at a loss and not sure where to go or what to try

FDS

Elite member
Have you checked which UART the smart audio is soldered to? I have two Sailfly’s, I can’t remember if I ever got Smartaudio working on them. If I get time later I can check.
Have you tried setting the VTX band and channel via VLI commands?
I left both my Sailfly’s on the factory tune and Betaflight 3.5. I didn’t bother with 4.0 or higher on them, they fly great as is. I assume you backed up the stock tune before you updated?

jtimpano108

Have you checked which UART the smart audio is soldered to? I have two Sailfly’s, I can’t remember if I ever got Smartaudio working on them. If I get time later I can check.
Have you tried setting the VTX band and channel via VLI commands?
I left both my Sailfly’s on the factory tune and Betaflight 3.5. I didn’t bother with 4.0 or higher on them, they fly great as is. I assume you backed up the stock tune before you updated?
Yea I did back up the stick tune but I got it working actually I had to go to a little bit older firmware and use the akk vtx patch and now it works fine

Reactions: FDS