has anyone heard of neewer brushless motors?

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
I about have all parts I need to finish my first quad build. I am working on an H quad and I got the props and the KK2.1.5 board so now I'm down to getting the motors and the ESCs. while browsing ebay looking for 5x3 props for a mighty mini project, i found an ebay store that sells ESC and motor kits for quads. the motors look just like suppo motors but they are called "neewer".

here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191397797588?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

anyone heard of these? Just looking for a good budget starter setup and this looked interesting.

Thanks,

Justin

mikemacwillie

They're exactly the same as the ones sold as 'XXD'. I've had pretty good luck with them in the past. The ESCs can be flashed with Simonk with an 8MHz build of tgy.hex.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Thanks! I plan on buying just a single motor/esc combo and giving it a shot on a plane first and seeing how it does. They do also sell 4 packs of ESCs with SimonK already flashed on them. May be easier doing that than trying to build/buy a programmer to flash the ESCs plus I've never done it before.

Side note, I have a pic programmer for my computer for programming small microchips, would that work to flash the ESCs? It uses a .hex file based flashing software.

Thanks everyone!

Justin

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I haven't seen a good way to use one of the PICkits to directly reprogram Atmel chips -- surprise, surprise. While I also haven't seen a ROM like it, it wouldn't surprise me to find a PIC ROM for a serial/USB Atmel programmer.

There are a few good arduino projects that can do it as well, including (IIRC) one in the examples sketchbook . . . all assuming you'e got an arduino lying around.

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
yeah... never messed with arduino. kind of missed the boat on that one and its been a few years since I've done programming. I would like to learn it, someday... I think I'll just go with the simonK flashed ESCs ready to go and buy a 4 pack of motors separate. its not a lot more to go that route.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Justin