Has flitetest ever posted a video on designing foamboard builds in 3d?

Jonny360

Just getting into cnc cutting and fusion360. Has flitetest or anyone from the crew ever posted a good how to design foamboard planes in cad or 3d?

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
I have not seen anything specific on this but as one with similar aspersions I can say that you can learn a tremendous amount by building and studying existing designs. Learning by deconstruction.
Also if you are using Fusion 360 don't forget about slicer for F360 as a way to work through folds.

Jonny360

I have not seen anything specific on this but as one with similar aspersions I can say that you can learn a tremendous amount by building and studying existing designs. Learning by deconstruction.
Also if you are using Fusion 360 don't forget about slicer for F360 as a way to work through folds.

I'm specifically looking to learn how to design in the computer and then have the foam cnc cut. I feel like just the basics of design I have got and could do this by hand but really want to learn how to do it in the virtual world.

Any links for the slider you are speaking of?

Jeepsterjc

Hi. I'm using the academic version of Creo Parametrics. Here's the start for my Mosquito!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-12-27 10-34-50.png
    Screenshot from 2019-12-27 10-34-50.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 0

Jeepsterjc

I’m not familiar with Creo... does the blue in the background generate based off of the solid body?
Hello. Yes. You can see in the model tree on the left that I did it with a Flatten Quilt command. I've been too busy on the farm to put more time into it. This winter... 👍

Flyer Sean

I use sketchup 2017 desktop (free) there is an unwrap and flatten faces plugin that is also free. I use it to generate my foam cuts
flaten.JPG