Has Hobbyking stopped shipping?

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Title says all. I ordered about a dozen props and a couple batteries a couple of weeks ago and I kind of got concerned when none of it showed by today. Every order I've ever made before now from the Portland warehouse got to me in under a week. I don't usually check the tracking since it doesn't speed anything up so there's not really any purpose to, but the few times I have I find it to be pretty accurate. Well when I went to check it today it said something like "Shipping label created: UPS awaiting item" or whatever as it does whenever you've just ordered something. Problem is, I placed the order two weeks ago. Maybe the tracking thing and the postal service just in general is laggy? I also bought some stuff the same day from Banggood's USA warehouse which I believe is in California and it got here with no problems whatsoever. I'm confused...

I love the coronapocalypse!

leaded50

Legendary member
close to every western country have asked Asian mailsystems to not speed shipping because the corona ..

chris398mx

Master member
I wonder if 1 or 2 items were on backorder from their online inventory being off and they held the whole order for a missing part or 2?

Sero

Elite member
nope. Took specific note to make sure not to do that. All the items are in stock even now. Always obey the golden rule of hobbyking - which is if an item is on backorder, it will remain there permanently so don't order it!
I'd contact them, whenever I've ordered from the Oregon warehouse its been out their door in less than 24 hrs.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Would it be a bad idea to order from the global warehouse right now? The battery I want is in stock there but out of stock in the Oregon warehouse...

clolsonus

I put in an order to HK yesterday and got notification that it's shipping today (USA) warehouse. Honestly, it's probably safer to order from China than from the USA right now, but I wanted my stuff as quickly as possible. I'm not a doctor so please don't take medical advice from me, listen to the doctors and medical communities and stay safe everyone!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I had trouble a year ago with an order. They get swamped with the spring sale. The website is not always accurate when it says stuff is in stock.

Speaking of in stock, looks lke the have very few motors on hand.

Sero

Elite member
I had trouble a year ago with an order. They get swamped with the spring sale. The website is not always accurate when it says stuff is in stock.

Speaking of in stock, looks lke the have very few motors on hand.
Yes I noticed the lack of motors too, both warehouses, Oregon and International. Production must have stopped.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I placed an order for a variometer stocked in the usa and got it 2 days later, ofcourse I only live 50 miles from the usa shipping center but yes they are on it

Turbojoe

Elite member
I almost ordered a few things from HK except everything I wanted to order was out of stock. I finally ordered some tiny servos from BangUgood and 72+ days later they are FINALLY moving in the system! BangUgood will never get another dime of my money.... BangUgood couldn't possibly suck any harder.

My daughter ordered some craft items from them last year. She STILL hasn't received them. They obviously couldn't care less for the paying customer.

Joe

speedbirdted

Legendary member
It seems now that instead of just not shipping, a lot of stuff is just out of stock there.

Couldn't agree more with the lousiness of banggood honestly. I ordered 4 recievers once because they were dirt cheap and when I got them 3 of the 4 wouldn't bind....