hate hobbyking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I would dearly love a local shop BUT one cannot survive in a town with 1000 people and ONLY one RC enthusiast. So the entire world is my local shop (well nearly local as Post Office is 9 miles one way).

Thurmond

RoyBro

Mentor
I would dearly love a local shop BUT one cannot survive in a town with 1000 people and ONLY one RC enthusiast. So the entire world is my local shop (well nearly local as Post Office is 9 miles one way).

Thurmond

I believe and I hope that we are on the verge of something good as it relates to "local" hobby shops. I believe that more shops will stop complaining about Chinese dealers and start competing with them. Stores like Grayson, Aloft, and others are recognizing the next big thing in the hobby. When we can buy lipos and ESCs at reasonable prices and get them in two to three days without paying a premium in shipping, that will be the beginning.

lonewolf7717

we can all wish, last week my LHS had a special on lipos......$32 for a 2200mah 3s....and this was the "special" pricing?!?!?

kingbee

Hi royall

that exactly what i mean it will go around the world before you getit . look at all the places it going to before you get it....and then they SAy...we have no control over that . to me that alot of bs ,a big store like hobbyking send out alot in one year and iam sure there is a deal to be made somewhere .so that custom fee are in included and fast shipping .like i said we are in 2013 not back in the stone age.

It got to the port in California on the 25th and there it will sit for??????

OH, BTW.... I have an email from HK that the package left the warehouse on the 12th!!?? The order was made on the 5th. I could easily fall back into my sailors vocabulary right now!! LOL

October 25, 2013 , 6:05 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
RICHMOND, CA 94804

October 23, 2013 , 4:58 am
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003

October 22, 2013 , 6:44 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility
TACOMA, WA 98413

October 22, 2013 , 5:45 pm
Acceptance
TACOMA, WA 98413

October 22, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received

it ok that hobbyking has cheap pricing but if it was my store i would make sure or have a good deal with fed ex or ups or who ever is shipping the stuff out so it doesnt 3 week or 4 week or more to get there .

kingbee

Hi lone wolf

i check out what you was saying about lipo ex: hobbyking lipos 2200mah 3s is about 10.00 then add the cost of shipping

This list does not include local warehouse or live shipping rates.
Click 'Continue' to see your actual shipping options
International (Registered) Air Mail 201 - 300g Lipo $7.49 73g left.
International (Registered) Air Mail 201-300g $6.99 73g left.
EMS Express to the Canada (under 500g) $26.99 272g left.
Air Parcel (Canada) up to 1.0kg $20.87 772g left.
Fedex Priority $24.09 772g left.
UPS Large Parcel 1kg (From USA) $37.79 772g left.
UPS standard 1kg (From USA) $29.87 772g left.
Fedex Priority $30.47 1772g left.
SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days $37.19 1773g left.
Fedex Priority $35.25 2772g left.

after paying your battery your shipping plus the waiting time . for me it s the samething going to local hobby shop.

Last edited:

kingbee

Hi Checker

i have check out the link you posted http://www.valuehobby.com/ the prices are good but is the shipping and handling good ? i look it up .
SHIPPING CUT-OFF TIME

Orders received by 11:00 AM (Central Standard Time) are usually shipped on the same day. We use the US Postal Service and UPS. The shipping methods we offer include USPS First Class, Priority Mail and Parcel Post, and UPS Ground. We do not offer any next day shipping methods.

SHIPPING CHARGES

We offer 3 shipping choices:

Standard Shipping: Our discount shipping method. $3.99 per order for most products. Oversized or heavy items will incur shipping surcharges. Any shipping surcharges, if applicable, will be clearly stated in the product's description. Value Hobby will select the appropriate shipping company to minimize our cost. Small items are usually shipped in yellow bubble mailer.

UPS Ground Shipping: When US Postal Service cannot deliver to your address or you must use UPS, you may select UPS Ground Shipping. Shipping charges are actual UPS charges, calculated based on the total weight of your order. UPS dimensional weight applies for packages larger than 5184 cubic inches. Please read more about UPS dimensional weight here.

USPS Priority Mail Shipping: When UPS cannot deliver to your address, such as when your address is a PO Box, you may select USPS Priority Mail Shipping. Shipping charges are actual UPS charges, calculated based on the total weight of your order. Over-size rate applies to packages larger than 84 inches length + girth. Please read more about USPS Ballon Rate here.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

We do not ship to International address at this time.

BACKORDERS

In the rare occasions where our inventory information is incorrect and we sold products that are out of stock, we will send refund for the out-of-stock item and ship the rest of the order.

RoyBro

Mentor
after paying your battery your shipping plus the waiting time . for me it s the samething going to local hobby shop.

And of course this is why nobody in their right mind would order a single lipo from Hong Kong. On the other hand, spreading the shipping cost over ten to fifteen batteries would make the cost per battery tolerable.

To make them affordable, someone would have to import a large quantity of batteries directly from the manufacturer. That's just what local hobby shops don't want to do because of the up front costs.

checker

Hi Checker

i have check out the link you posted http://www.valuehobby.com/ the prices are good but is the shipping and handling good ? i look it up .
SHIPPING CUT-OFF TIME.
Yea my stuff comes packed well in solid boxes I've not had any problems out of 5 orders. Srry I missed this part --

"INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

We do not ship to International address at this time

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
And of course this is why nobody in their right mind would order a single lipo from Hong Kong.
Damn, is that why it's been so expensive?!?

JK...I'll either order lipos along with other supplies/materials/ect. from HK or get them from Heads up.

lonewolf7717

So far as lipos are concerned....have been VERY happy with the GForce line from ValueHobby for years now. Pricing extremely comparable to HK USA and in some cases cheaper. The Elite series with Nano-Tech just like the Turnigy product line from HK have been absolutely flawless but so have the slightly cheaper standard lipos. Just saying.

kingbee

Hi lonewolf

it a shame they dont ship to montreal canada cause i look at the web site and there good hobby parts and cheap.

eagle4

kingbee have you seen www.chinahobbyline.com they seem to have good prices, and from some of the threads over on rcgroups they seem to be good batteries and aparently the guy who runs it gives amazing customer service

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I hate shopping from HK...but the prices keep bringing me back. And to be honest the shipping if anything seems to be getting better, at least the last order I placed arrived in record time. I placed the order on Oct 26th and it just showed up here in AZ while I was home on my lunch break today. I've never had anything from Hong Kong arrive that quick.

It was a different carrier than they usually use though. It didn't come USPS like it usually does, was delivered by two guys in a white van and the tracking was through Swiss Post. The links they give me for tracking usually go to SP but the numbers they've given in the past never gave any results on that site, this time they did.

Maybe I just really lucked out on timing and happened to land in a container that was just waiting for one more package and wound up on a fast ship ;)

That being said I wouldn't buy anything from them that I wouldn't be willing to write off if there was anything wrong with it. And the ESC's I bought I was somewhat upset to find came with 2mm bullets on them even though the site says they have 3.5mm bullets...I have lots of 3.5 connectors on hand but no 2mm so this is going to slow down my quad project just a bit :(

kingbee

lmao on (break out the solder station) sorry it was funny .but kidding aside for bullets connector i just go to any electronic store you get them 5 for 99 cents they might not be gold platted but it works just fine. you must have a radio shack iam sure .

Last edited:

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I thought about putting on 3.5's...but for these little 10a ESC's they just seem like total overkill. I was actually surprised that HK listed them as coming with 3.5's.

As for buying locally...well...my options are VERY limited. We just got a hobby shop a year ago and their selection is heavily geared towards cars. I've never seen 2mm bullets there. And we do have a radio shack...but it's the smallest worst stocked radio shack I've ever been to. I swear it's even hit or miss if they'll have AA's :D Kind of a theme in this town. They built a new mall a few years and and everyone was excited because we were finally getting a Best Buy. Except it's literally the smallest store Best Buy ever built (which made it newsworthy at the time) It has less square feet than most Best Buy's I've been in devote to DVD's. Their appliance section consists of 2 fridges, 2 ovens and 2 vacuum cleaners.

After 6 years in a small college town and 13 years here I'm used to having to mail order and wait for just about anything for any of my hobbies. Thankfully I have a BIG pile of scrap electronics I've collected over the years and can usually scrounge most things I need.

But I gave in, HK has 2mm bullets stocked in their US warehouse and there were a few other things I needed and their USPS priority shipping is <$7 and usually gets to me in just a day or two since I'm only one state away. Keeping myself busy with building the flight controller for this quad instead. (I'm no stranger to the soldering iron and since I already had an unused wii motion plus and spare arduino laying around I got tired of waiting on KK2 boards to come in stock.)

Just watch...my order from the US warehouse will now end up in HK hell and take longer to get here than this last miraculous order from Hong Kong did :D

kingbee

Hi jhitesma

last option i would go to is hardware store or auto parts.i know my hardware store which is called ace has them but like i said there not gold platted. normal standard connector .

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Yeah, my local ACE doesn't even have piano wire. Their wiring and electronics "isle" is like stepping back in time 20 years...once you blow the dust off enough to see what the things on the shelf is.

I'm really in the wastelands here. On the upside...an average of 360 days a year of clear skies, winters that feel like "Summer" to me (though that also means summers that make the inside of my oven on broil feel cool), and a good bit of open space to fly. We'd have even more open space to fly but it's such a great place to fly that various arms of the US military have laid claim to most of the airspace around us ;)

If I get my frame and control board together before the bullets I ordered get here I may just solder things together without bullets until they do. No a big deal to me, just indicative of the kind of annoying little thing to be expected when reading specs on HK's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.