hate hobbyking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopolZ

kingbee, if you order from the international website, you wont pay customs fees, but you will from the us warehouse.

You do get fees but they're charged at the checkout so no surprises at the door when UPS knock and you get your package within a week.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Looks like knocking on wood worked. Despite the USPS saying my prop adapters and bullet connectors won't be here until next Tuesday - they showed up in my mailbox today! Now to finish framing my daughters playhouse before my wife has to go to work and cross my fingers that my daughter will want to watch a movie this afternoon so I'll have time to start assembling this quad :D

Royall

Finally, HK parts order made on October 5, has gotten to the Post Office. Six weeks. Just saying.......

N222NY

So let me see if I understand this. It sounds like shipping from Hobby King can vary GREATLY. I'm in the USA. I ordered from Hobby King USA via an eBay auction. The auction states this:

Shipping: $6.30 Expedited Shipping | See details

Item location:
Lakewood, Washington, United States

Ships to:
United States, Canada See exclusions

Delivery:
Estimated within 6-8 business days
Includes 5 business days handling time after receipt of cleared payment.

So this is standard operating procedure for Hobby King? A WEEK handling time to walk over to a shelf, take an item, put it in a box and mail it out? I mean, I'm not trying to sound like a selfish person, I know they probably do a LOT of business, but 5 business days to process an order? What gives?

At least I got emails from them saying we got your payment and have received your order and put it in a box. I ordered on the 19th and it still has not shipped yet. At least I'll know if I ever order from them again, to give it 2 weeks to get what you order. According to the timeline stated in the auction I read and agreed to, it should be here by the 28th. We shall see!

Shawn

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
According to the timeline stated in the auction I read and agreed to, it should be here by the 28th. We shall see!

It will most likely not be there by the 28th. But when it eventually gets there, you will have saved a little compared to other vendors.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Hobbyking is good for the KK2 when and if they have it in stock. For all other items source elsewhere for value.

HK has cheaper products and cheaper service. With HK you get what you pay for.

I am fortunate to have Altitude in state so I pay no shipping and usually wait two or three days to get what I want delivered to my door. Altitude does not have the inventory that HK does so the selection is low and the prices are a little higher, but you get what you ordered in days not weeks and if something goes wrong or if you have a question Garrett answers his phone and email.

Compare:
http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brus...rushless-motor-370-28-26-1450kv-suppo-2208-14

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=14398&aff=247441

Once you consider that from Altitude you will get your package 5 days to 5 weeks sooner its a no brainer.

I have now sourced my KK2s from ebay. Yes they cost more, but they will come flashed with the software I want and I will get them in a week instead of months from HK.

In short, go to HK for selection and cost at the expense of waiting and potential shipping fees (that may negate the cost difference). Go anywhere else for value.

N222NY

Good advice! Any thoughts on this?: I have the Hobby King HK-T6A V2 Transmitter, which I really like actually. Great priced radio and fully programmable. Since HK seems to be moving at the speed of smell with processing and shipping orders, and suggestions on other brand RECEIVERS that work with the T6A? Thanks in advance!

Shawn

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Sorry I don't understand receivers well enough yet. I bought 4 receivers when I bought my remote from HK (Turnigy 9X which I like) so I wouldn't have to order more in the future from HK. For HK proprietary parts, I order in bulk so I don't have to order again preferring to keep my own stock rather than deal with HK and fartesque shipping.

Personally, I would email Garrett at Altitude and see if any of his will work with your transmitter. If he does not, I would open a new thread and see what some of the senior members on this site have to say.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
According to the HK page:

Note:
Only HK-T6A receiver is comptible with HK-T6A transmitter.
Only HK-T6Av2 receiver is compatible with the HK-T6Av2 transmitter.

Looks like you are stuck with HK for Rx's...

kingbee

hi guys
like i said with hobbyking shipping it suck and people saying it not hobbyking fault .well i think it is . it there dutyto make sure that we the one s who buy there stuff should be happy .it nice to find a place like hobbyking that cheap. but if your gotta wait and wait for your stuff , not right in my book . having a scratch build ready to fly . but your waiting on hobby king shipping to get to your door .it s suck big time . so who ever waiting you should pay little bit more and go to your local hobby store plus your local hobby store needs bread and butter on there table . that or buy alot of foam and build 20 scratch build planes ,wait wait wait
lol

RoyBro

Mentor
Kingbee,

So you had a bad experience and hate Hobby King. That's OK.

I prefer to order parts from US (local) suppliers when I can and when the price is reasonable. I love to see new, local sources for the stuff I need. But when when I can't get what I need from anywhere else, or when the price is unreasonable locally, I'll turn to Hobby King. I try to order from the US warehouse first of course, but when I have to order from the Hong Kong warehouse, I take into consideration the length of time it will take to ship. If I need the item right away, I'll pay the extra amount to get it locally. But if not, I'll go for the cheaper price and expect to wait.

No amount of ranting from anyone will convince me to do otherwise.

I understand that when I order from any source outside my own country, that I may be disappointed, and may even lose my payment. That's the risk I choose take. If I get cheated, I'll mark that supplier off my list, report my bad experience to the forum, and move on.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I try to plan for upcoming builds and order the parts in advance. That way, I don't have to wait for parts when I start the build. RoyBro is right. When you order from these international vendors, you have to be prepared to wait. To me, at the prices we pay for parts from companies like HK and RCTimer, it's worth the wait. I know waiting is no fun when you're dying to get your plane in air, but it is what it is. With the money I save shopping at HK, I just buy extra parts.

Last edited:

N222NY

Well I like to give credit where credit is due. My Hobby King order arrived TODAY! Very well packed via Priority Mail. I think I've learned to just expect a longer period of time when ordering from them for processing and delivery and know now to plan for that.

Shawn

robschonk

I'm not sure why all the anger directed at HK.

We know we're buying from a budget supplier on the other side of the world. Shipment is slow and mistakes sometimes happen.

If you can't deal with that, buy from a local source.

To me, it's worth the wait. There have been no mistakes of consequence in any of my 24 orders.

Let it rest.

Royall

Well I like to give credit where credit is due. My Hobby King order arrived TODAY! Very well packed via Priority Mail. I think I've learned to just expect a longer period of time when ordering from them for processing and delivery and know now to
plan for that.

Question, Shawn..... Was the priority mail listed on check out? When I ordered at the beginning of October, they didn't have that option listed. I tried repeatedly to get an update but could not get it through their head what I wanted to do. Unless they just playing dumb so they didn't have to do anything.... If priority is an option, then I would probably give them one more go. I know, I'm just a glutton for punishment!! LOL

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Question, Shawn..... Was the priority mail listed on check out? When I ordered at the beginning of October, they didn't have that option listed. I tried repeatedly to get an update but could not get it through their head what I wanted to do. Unless they just playing dumb so they didn't have to do anything.... If priority is an option, then I would probably give them one more go. I know, I'm just a glutton for punishment!! LOL

Royall,

The options are typically regional, and out on the islands it might not be available.

I've even seen the options change dramatically in the same warehouse, depending on what I've got in the cart.

FWIW, I don't think they try to bilk the customer in shipping costs, but they don't try to soften the blow and getting it out of the warehouse can be painfully slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.