hate hobbyking

Status
Not open for further replies.

N222NY

A Royall with cheese!

Here is the actual auction that I purchased it from on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251363071152?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#shpCntId

Here is the shipping info from that auction:

Shipping: $6.30 Expedited Shipping | See details

Item location:
Lakewood, Washington, United States

Ships to:
United States, Canada See exclusions
Delivery:
Estimated within 6-8 business days
Includes 5 business days handling time after receipt of cleared payment.

Shipping and handling
To
Service
Delivery*
US $6.30
United States

Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail®)
Estimated within 6-8 business days
* Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

robschonk....I never said I hated them. I didn't start the thread...just joined in to see if anyone had similar experiences on lengthy shipping and handling times. This is my first experience with HK and based on it, I'd use them again.

Royall

A Royall with cheese!

HaHaHa!!! Royall with cheese!!! I haven't heard that in years!!! LOL I worked with a guy that would say that when I walked into the parts room!! Good memories.

Mahalo for the reply.... I went ahead and did a test order and yes, that option was there! There are a few things I would like to get but nothing that I need in a big hurry.

RoyBro

Mentor
I'm not sure why all the anger directed at HK.

We know we're buying from a budget supplier on the other side of the world. Shipment is slow and mistakes sometimes happen.

If you can't deal with that, buy from a local source.

To me, it's worth the wait. There have been no mistakes of consequence in any of my 24 orders.

Let it rest.

I agree to that.

So far, I've ordered from a couple of different sources in China including HK and one in Malaysia. So far, I have not had any problems with not receiving my order or the item not working. I think as long as we know and accept the risks, it's a great way to save money. On the other hand, when a local source is doing a good job of getting us quality product at reasonable prices, they deserve our patronage.

lonewolf7717

Again I repeat.....just think of all the building and or flying that could have been accomplished in the interim.....simply doesn't understand vendor bashing threads of any flavor and or variety in rc related forums....just seems so flippin counterproductive.....now there's my rant for the day....feel better now....whats for lunch?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
While we are wasting keystokes... ;)

It's getting to that time of year where I won't even consider ordering from HobbyKing. Historically they have had poor luck keeping up with the Christmas rush. If I am just restocking stuff that I won't need until spring, I'll just wait until after about a month after Chinese new year. If it's something I need sooner, it's going to be ordered from somewhere else BTW- when is that (Chinese New Year) this year.
It's build/repair season. I have most of what I need already. Will get whatever else I need from some of my favorite hobby vendors inside the US or the local hobby shop...

kingbee

Hi guys
you guys call it vendor bashing . i disagree even if your vendor is on the other side of the planet doesnt give them the right to have poor customer service as in shipping and it shouldn t be a risk to ordering from china or anywhere else . guys 2013 not back in the stone age come on . i find this funny in a way cause i have a friend in hongkong i often send my friend package of clothes and it doesn t take 35 or 45 day to get there it take 7 day max ...also if i offended anyone with my opinion i am sorry ... i still think hobbyking has a bad customer service ... and i will continue supporting my local hobby store .

ibstar

So far I've been happy with hobbyking, my first international orders were only small as I'd seen the horror stories,
I'm in the UK, and placed 3 orders at ruffley the same time to get all the parts I wanted, international, Europe and the uk warehouses
They all pretty much turned up at the same time, postage in the uk is soo expensive, the postage from hk is cheaper than having it sent from my local warehouse which is only 40 miles away at most,
I think you have to pick and choose your items though, you can see why some parts are cheap, but you can't knock their prices, and it's a great for getting new people into the hobby, though I'd suggest a experienced friend to help out, so you don't buy all the rubbish parts

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
Hi guys
you guys call it vendor bashing . i disagree even if your vendor is on the other side of the planet doesnt give them the right to have poor customer service as in shipping and it shouldn t be a risk to ordering from china or anywhere else . i still think hobbyking has a bad customer service ... and i will continue supporting my local hobby store .

Nobody is asking you do do otherwise. And nobody is asking you to change your opinion about Hobby King. I think we've all just about beaten this topic to death. I'm hoping we can just end this thread and agree to respect each other's opinions.

Royall

Rather than remove the thread, why not just "lock" it so that no more posts can be made to it but still be read?

RoyBro

Mentor
Rather than remove the thread, why not just "lock" it so that no more posts can be made to it but still be read?

I agree. You can ask a moderator to lock or delete the thread. And although we don't all agree, everyone's opinion is valid and I think there is some good information in the thread.

kingbee

Hi Royall

no i rather remove it . i shouldn t have started this thread but i was so upset at hobbyking and the costums fee i had to pay.
so if someone can tell me how to remove it. i will do so Thank you .

Royall

kingbee, I know how you feel, I've started posts like that in the past..... On the other hand, new people such as myself, will see that their first slow, ugly, and non-response order from HK is only normal. May save them some grief down the road.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I agree. There may be a bit of gall in the thread, but haven't seen anything unearned go unchallanged.

Not a fan of censorship at all, but I think we're agreed -- this horse is dead and thoroughly beaten. I'll lock it, but leave it up for others to see the good/bad/ugly. If higher-ups disagree, they're free delete this to oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.