Have I been conned?

IamNabil

I would say that you haven't been conned. While it is almost certainly not a real go pro, that doesn't mean that it will be bad. It might even be decent! But, no, that's not a real go pro. The question here is "are you getting what you paid for?" The answer is "probably!" :D

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
AAAh well looks like i have been conned....been told to wait 10 days after expected delivery day by ebay and if no show open a case against it to get cash back. So we will have to wait till the end of february

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I bet you receive a product. GoPro probably demanded the auction listing be pulled as was their right for counterfeit products.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
KKarioKA sent me a link to that camera, and I didn't have the cash anyway - but it was too good to be true.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Well the situation is that the listing was pulled by ebay, but twenty minutes later it was showing that it had been dispatched so we will wait to the end of february and i will let you know!!!!!

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
well a quick update on this thread....ebay have said it is in transit but I am not holding my breath and will have to wait till the 11th of march before I can open a case against them swindlers....oh well

MrClean

I can;'t remember but is it 60 or 90 days you have to charge fraud on a credit card? And did you use a Credit Card? Not a bank card which means your money is gone the moment after you hit purchase.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
So I am going to close this thread with the end result......The guy selling the camera Immediately dispatches an item to as many people as he can.....you wait for the camera and it never arrives.....so you open a case on ebay saying no item received, they contact the seller and he tells them he has a tracking number for a package that has been delivered to the address so they go in the sellers favour and you lose your cash..............Then you remember a small envelope containing three plastic beads you received from china a few weeks ago, and remarkably the missus aint chucked it away....this is how he cons people, most people will throw the envelope away and the cash is lost.....but because I had the envelope with the tracking number on I got a full refund within 24 hours for ..an item not as described

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
So I am going to close this thread with the end result......

Oh no you're not... we're not done saying "I told you so" yet. :p

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Is he still a seller on Ebay? Or did he close shop and open under a different name?