Having a blast with my bixler 1

earthsciteach

Those planes are so much fun to fly in wind! I get excited for 15-20 mph wind days. Its fun to try to use gravity and the wind to stay aloft. And, they'll hover like gulls at 20 feet. Too much fun!

JohnVH

really? I flew it once and it was bouncing all over, wings flexing, It wasnt much fun for me. You do any mods to yours?

robschonk

Those planes are so much fun to fly in wind! I get excited for 15-20 mph wind days. Its fun to try to use gravity and the wind to stay aloft. And, they'll hover like gulls at 20 feet. Too much fun!

Looking forward to joining you. Just placed my order for a Bix V1.1 ARF during the wee hours this morning, from the time they announced their arrival until they sold out. Still a few kits left last time I checked. Now just waiting on the post office.

JohnVH

Nice! I got my kit verson on a friday, maidened it the next afternoon. Very easy to assemble.

earthsciteach

I'm assuming you have the carbon rod in the wing, right? Run a strip of clear packaging tape from the root out toward the tips top and bottom. That will add some stiffness.

I really don't worry about the wing flex. I've pushed it beyond its limit, once. Both wings ripped out and the fuselage lawn darted. Pretty hilarious. Damage was minimal. Don't be afraid to fly the heck out of it!

JohnVH

I made a carbon spar as long as the tube in the wings, thats pretty much it, that alone made the wing massively stronger. Thats about it

Nonamerc

Arman

One time i was flying with so much wind my bixler was gaining altitude without the motor on when I was trying to land.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
One time i was flying with so much wind my bixler was gaining altitude without the motor on when I was trying to land.

That normally only happens on slopes... I want to fly up in the mountains again :cool: Hovering forever in the same place!