Help! having problems

Winston1203

so, today while I was waiting for my parts to arrive I decided that I would to a test on the airplane because I had not flown it in a while, I had crashed it recently and all of a second nothing would work, I thought it was a binding problem of some sort or something but I don't know. the battery is charged and nothing seems to be damaged except for the airframe it's self. if u have any ideas on what the problem might be or how I should fix it pls comment below.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hard to say what the problem is, sounds like you need to do some trouble shooting. Are you get any of the normal sounds when you plug in the battery? If not, I would recommend starting with the battery, make sure you have voltage at the plug. In a crash, wires can get pulled louse inside the battery. If the battery checks out, move to the ESC, try a different one. If the ESC checks out, move to the Rx. Internal light on, servos responding? Definitely do a range check before you fly with that Rx. Sometimes the antenna(s) can be damaged in a crash, they will work at close range but will fail at distance. Especially examine the antenna(s) where they enter the case. If you see any damage to the outer layer, repair or replace the antenna.

Winston1203

it's an internal antenna receiver and there is that noise when I plug the battery in, but it's just not binding for some reason.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If it’s not binding, you might need to try stepping away from the plane. Typically you want to be at least 5 feet away from the plane to get it to bind.

Winston1203

I’ve had that happen, sometimes the Rx will bind for a short time, then lose the bind for some reason.
Could be time for a new Rx.

Any lights on inside the Rx?
I just got the rx and there are lights it's just not binding for some reason.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
When in bind mode the Rx should blink rapidly.
Some of the newer Rx don’t use a bind plug. Not sure how to put them in bind mode.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
it's the AR620 Spektrum one
Are you holding the bind button on the rx as you plug the battery into the esc? I don't know why but I lost the bind on my P-39 and couldn't get it to bind back up. Ended up having to make a new model in my TX and then it bound, haven't had it happen again.

Last edited:

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Oh, maybe it’s the bind plug, I’ve always had it but never used it
As @Ketchup said don't use a bind plug. The symbol on the RX that looks like WiFi or cell tower bars is the button to push. Hold it down while plugging the battery into the esc and the light should begin flashing rapidly then you can put your TX into bind mode. If it doesn't blink rapidly or bind to your TX when it is flashing something may have happened to it in the crash. Make sure your TX is about 6 feet away or 2 meters.

Winston1203

well, the problem is still happening, I have followed all of you guys advice and for some strange reason, my RX is not binding. I made sure that it was far away, I used the bind plug, etc. And the strangest of all is that usually when an RX is behaving normally, you hold down the bind button and when you let go it keeps flashing until it's binded but in my case when i let go it stops flashing for some reason. if you guys have any advice for me pls leave it here.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
If you have a bind button, don't use a bind plug, it's one or the other, not both.

Winston1203

the weird thing is that the receiver came with a bind plug even though its an internal antennae and it has a bind button...