having trouble posting an "article"

NewZee

Hi all,
I want to post an article on a scratchbuilt J3 Cub "swappable" that I did. I'm having trouble downloading pictures and videos? when I'm in the content box and click on the add media icon for pictures or videos I am able to select the media from my computer, but when I upload it dosen't show up in the content box, instead it appears up above in the "Flite Test" border? anybody else have this problem? any suggestions? I have tried this on differnt computers and operating systems so I'm thinking it's something on the other end?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Sorry, Zee. I haven't posted any articles yet, so I am not familiar with the interface. I'll bump it for you though!

RoyBro

Mentor
Try a different browser. I mostly use Chrome, but when there are editor problems, usually caused by some sort of plug-in or scripting error, trying a different browser usually does the trick.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Maybe they're trying new coding again and having issues.

A different browser might help. I know with FireFox it won't let me paste anything into the text box. And the spell check doesn't work unless I look at HTML mode.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor

A different browser might help. I know with FireFox it won't let me paste anything into the text box. And the spell check doesn't work unless I look at HTML mode.

So which browser do you use that makes you post twice. :p
that's just funny!

rcspaceflight

I don't know what happened. I have multiple tabs open (with FireFox), I thought I clicked "Post Quick Reply" but when I went back to this tab, it was at the Advanced Post screen. So I clicked "Back" then clicked "Post Quick Reply".

Stupid computer. I'm going to blame my mouse because it randomly left clicks when I'm not touching it.

NewZee

I'm using explorer and also tried safari having slightly different issues but neither will let me attach pics or vids to the article I was trying to create?
An article without these is pretty boring! So I guess I'll just forget it

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

It still could be Flite Test's page. There used to be an issue of the cursor jumping to the top of the page randomly and deleting what you wrote in the last 2 seconds before the cursor reset. I've also had it where when I clicked to save the changes I made to the article, it went back to the last save I did.

If I where you I'd go to the Ask Chad thread and see if he knows about any issues.

N222NY

To those that have published articles: about how long does is usually take to get your article approved if it is? I submitted one about a week ago now and its still "pending approval". Just curious.

Shawn

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's not unheard of. Usually Chad approves in blocks, so if there are holidays, it sometimes takes a little longer.