HDO2 rapidfire module video feed issue, srolling black screen, randomly

userix

I have been running into a very critical issue with the video feed on my HDO2 rapidfire module. This issue happens randomly and does a "scrolling" black screen, where I cannot see anything at all for maybe 3-10 sec (sweating bullets), then sometimes the signal would lock again with the confirmation beep from the rapidfire module.

In the video below, when the scrolling black screen occurs, I am maybe 200 ft away from the quad. I flew this same quad earlier in this session and didn't have any vtx issues thousands of feet away (crossfire nano rx).

I am flying not far away at all, within 500 or even less. I am always flying from the same position in the park too, which is away from houses and high voltage power lines. One of my quad is running the race ranger VTX at 200mW with Foxeer pagoda and the other is the eachines XF5804 vtx at ~200mW with aomway cloverleaf antenna. I haven't changed the rapidfire settings since I got it and have been flying on channel 5705 E1 all the time. Rapidfire is on mode 1. HDO2 battery level is always good (I switch out batteries as soon as the HDO2 starts beeping), and the rapidfire module doesn't show it's running on low power mode either. I only starting having this issue within the last few flights. But there are some flights within where everything is normal and I can fly the usual range without any video feed problem and nothing has changed between flights. Since both completely different brands of vtx are experiencing this issue, I am suspecting the rapidfire module.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That almost looks to me like something is overheating. Since it happens on two different quads we can assume its on the goggle side. Start by making sure the boards for the fat shark have not worked loose and that all connections are tight and secure. Then if you have a digital thermometer check to see if something or even a single component is heating up too much.

You could also check this out and run this calibration.

userix

@userix Did you get this sorted out mate?

I have updated the firmware and it seemed to help in that I don't get the rolling black screen as much. There are still very short instances where it does happen, but the new firmware changes the sync lock duration to short, so I think it would lock on in 1 sec or less instead of the 3 secs it took before.

I couldn't really discern if anything was overheating. The unit is warm/hot, but the usual temp it normally runs at. The connections are solidly inserted in place and no loose connections.