He-162D Design/Build

Lufthouse

FTFC 18 WWII He-162 D

Just finished some detailed conceptual preliminary sketches of my build plan for FF 2018 Community Design / Build WW2 Contest! Going with the D variant of the He-162. Seeing as the D model never actually flew and only one set D and C wings were ever found, with no fuselage accompanying them....I believe I get around the scoring penalty  Plus a forward swept wing and V tail configuration is just super cool! I'm thinking right now about going super simple... no gear...bank and yank 3 channel with a 50mm Dr Mad Thrust EDF. But who knows....maybe more. Anyway....consider me officially in 
[ATTACH=CONFIG

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    723 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
We should label our threads with something for the less than savvy (like me) browser who might not know what some of these planes are.

I suggest something like FFE'18 WWII [Plane designation]

If you so choose you can do it yourself. If you so choose otherwise, you can ask me to do it. If you don't want it changed, have it your way.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm excited! First build thread of the challenge, before the challenge even officially starts! I love it! :)

Jim - excellent idea - I'll add this to the registration instructions too.

I'd like to go with a format like:

FTCC'18 WWII [plane name] designed by [designer name]

Shortened version of 'Flite Test Community Challenge' - cause I hope we'll get participants that aren't able to come to a Flite Fest at all, and we will hopefully have representation at every Flite Fest too! I also like adding the designed by name in the thread to help point out these aren't just kits or instructions being followed - we have some real cool stuff being created right here!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Sounds good but FTCC might be confused for the FT Community Cast already in use.

I think I just need to get all those guys involved too - problem solved!! :)

Or add an "F" for forums.... Flite Test Forums Challenge....

(Sorry for hijacking your build thread! :eek: )

Lufthouse

No worries on the hijacking :)
A simplified header would be great!
Work has been crazy this past 10 days, hope to start moving the build past the "napkin" design phase soon!

Lufthouse

Printed some 3 views in 1:10 scale today. Gives me something in full size to take measurements off of, and to help start figuring out component sizes. I think a 64mm fam is gonna be perfect! Probably running on 3 or 4 S. Going to start the 3D modeling soon :) IMG_0144.JPG

Last edited: