Headbang EZ Edge specs

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Well I have seen @Headbang 's ez edge and I definitely want to build it. I have a spare esc, a receiver, a bunch of 6045 props, and 4x 9g servos. I also have a 2s 650, a 3s 450 and a 3s 850. I am wondering what motor/batt/prop combo should I use as a complete noob 3d pilot. I am willing to get new props and batts as well, although I would prefer to not have to get more batteries. Any input is helpful. Thanks to @Headbang for this awesome design.

Mr_Stripes

Headbang

Master member
Well I have seen @Headbang 's ez edge and I definitely want to build it. I have a spare esc, a receiver, a bunch of 6045 props, and 4x 9g servos. I also have a 2s 650, a 3s 450 and a 3s 850. I am wondering what motor/batt/prop combo should I use as a complete noob 3d pilot. I am willing to get new props and batts as well, although I would prefer to not have to get more batteries. Any input is helpful. Thanks to @Headbang for this awesome design.

Mr_Stripes
So depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Personally I like it with the "A" pack and 5g servos, real slow and floaty for low and slow. With an "F" pack and 9g servos it is a great flyer and does high energy 3d well. For both combo's use a 3s 850mah battery.
A thin 5mm carbon fiber strip the length of the fuse helps with keeping it from breaking in a crash. Some day I may update the plans for this. Life hit just as I was finishing up this design and never got back to it, but I did fly both the A and F versions recently again and still love it.
One piece of new info tho. I am used to flying super tail heavy planes, turns out the cg recommended is maybe too far back for novice pilots, with the battery moved forward and inch or so it becomes much more stable at the expense of 3d capabilities of course. Get used to it then move the cg back. I optimize cg so planes fly hands off inverted at half to 3/4 throttle. Good for 3d, but not super stable.

Good luck!

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Personally I like it with the "A" pack and 5g servos,
Ya I probably would too except that 5g servos are like 2x as expensive as 9g servos and I already have a bunch of 9g servos on hand.

Thx for the cool design. I will probably go through several of these learning to 3d.