heli suggestions?

TommyK154

Anyone know of a quality, small (preferably less than 12inch) 4-channel with a mode 2 controller? the Syma S800 was almost perfect but its a mode 4 and I don't have the tools to mess around and solder it into a model 2, nor do I want to. So, any suggestions?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I know there are little Blade's...I think the Nano CP X is the one I was thinking of.

andybenton

NERD!!!! :)
We really need some more info before we can answer this to our fullest abilities, as in

What skill level are you?
Are you looking for collective pitch, fixed pitch, or coaxial?
Have you got the transmitter to fly a bind and fly model on, or are you needing something that is rtf and includes the transmitter?

Basically some questions to help me dial in on what your really looking for :)

Flynn

I started with a 3 channel then went to a 4 ch, double horse 9116. It was cheap and parts are kinda available. Then I got a cheap 6ch 450 kit from xheli.com but HK has them too. I still have another HK torque tube version 450 around here somewhere. Oh, if you want to start with a 3ch don't buy from the mall kiosks, they are all 3ch and they are double the price of amazon.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
get something you'll stick with if you wanna go cheap used align 450 clones with aftermarket electronics are the best.
for almost the price of a full sized cx you could get a T-Rex 450 clone for $250
really cant beat that

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Um, Airhawk . . .

Did you notice the dates?

We don't mind Necro-posting here, but the question was asked and answered over a year ago. The OP hasn't even wandered by the site since October.

Do as you please in this case, but . . .

it's one thing to re-ask a question you need answered better or beg for an update on posts this old, but answering a question over a year after it was asked is usually wasted effort.

. . . a tree falling in the forest with nobody around to hear it . . .

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Um, Airhawk . . .

Did you notice the dates?

We don't mind Necro-posting here, but the question was asked and answered over a year ago. The OP hasn't even wandered by the site since October.

Do as you please in this case, but . . .

it's one thing to re-ask a question you need answered better or beg for an update on posts this old, but answering a question over a year after it was asked is usually wasted effort.

. . . a tree falling in the forest with nobody around to hear it . . .

didnt notice that sorry