Hello 😀 How does it look ?

nihasyakreb

Hello,

I built a new ft mini mustang. And i have some questions about it. I have Emax 2205S 2600KV motor with 6x30 prop and 20A ESC BLHeli with 3S 850Mah 70C battery. My motor sound has been changed. Why ? i dont know. I am giving a video link for that problem. Also i bought a new 2205 racerstar motor. What kind of prop should i use for this aircraft ?

https://streamable.com/4nt1r

Attachments

• 6E95CADF-6CDD-4FCA-A8BC-133611AEB885.jpeg
    6E95CADF-6CDD-4FCA-A8BC-133611AEB885.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • C3BA5DD9-4389-45A7-9049-6A5D258AF69A.jpeg
    C3BA5DD9-4389-45A7-9049-6A5D258AF69A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • B431A5C9-B773-406C-BCF8-006EA3829172.jpeg
    B431A5C9-B773-406C-BCF8-006EA3829172.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Mad_Mechanic

Nice looking mustang and welcome to the forums!

I'm not quite the motor and prop combo guru that many around here are. What I can offer is the specs for the recommended flite test power packs which might help by comparison.

The mini mustang can be powered by either a power pack A or pack. Pack A comes with the following:

1806 motor at 2280kv and 6x3 props. It also comes with a 20A ESC and is often paired with a 2s battery.

Pack F is as follows:
2205 motor at 2300kv and 6x3 props. It also uses a 20A ESC.

Lastly, just to confuse things more, the mini mustang speed build kit store page recommends a 6x4.5 prop.

To try and answer your prop question, I think a prop in the 6x3 to 6x4.5 range should work for you. However, I would also check to see if the manufacturer of your motors publishes a recommended prop chart to make sure those props won't cause your motors to over pull amps and burn up or end up under powered due to an inefficient prop combination.

Regarding your motor with a noise change, that is a really nasty sound. I can think of a couple possibilities. First thought is a bad bearing. If a bearing has lost its lubrication and started to seize it might make that noise.

Next would be a burnt winding, if the motor is not rated to run on a 3s it could end up burning out a winding.

Lastly, has that motor suffered a nose first crash? If so, it's possible that the shaft is bent slightly and now internal components are grinding against each other or a bearing has been damaged.

nihasyakreb

Nice looking mustang and welcome to the forums!

I'm not quite the motor and prop combo guru that many around here are. What I can offer is the specs for the recommended flite test power packs which might help by comparison.

The mini mustang can be powered by either a power pack A or pack. Pack A comes with the following:

1806 motor at 2280kv and 6x3 props. It also comes with a 20A ESC and is often paired with a 2s battery.

Pack F is as follows:
2205 motor at 2300kv and 6x3 props. It also uses a 20A ESC.

Lastly, just to confuse things more, the mini mustang speed build kit store page recommends a 6x4.5 prop.

To try and answer your prop question, I think a prop in the 6x3 to 6x4.5 range should work for you. However, I would also check to see if the manufacturer of your motors publishes a recommended prop chart to make sure those props won't cause your motors to over pull amps and burn up or end up under powered due to an inefficient prop combination.

Regarding your motor with a noise change, that is a really nasty sound. I can think of a couple possibilities. First thought is a bad bearing. If a bearing has lost its lubrication and started to seize it might make that noise.

Next would be a burnt winding, if the motor is not rated to run on a 3s it could end up burning out a winding.

Lastly, has that motor suffered a nose first crash? If so, it's possible that the shaft is bent slightly and now internal components are grinding against each other or a bearing has been damaged.

Thank you for your reply.
There is no any damage on my motor.I just tried 3 times. I didnt make any fly.However, after my motor sound changed, i decided to make fly but i didn't fly and i fail. Also i broke my servo that's why i built this model again. So, i mean i dont want to make these mistake again. Thank you 😀

Also, before motor sound change, i tried motor with 2S battery however when i tried motor with 3S battery, motor sound changed. However, in knowledge of motor test said, 2S-4S can use. 🤔 I dont know why my motor broke!

Mad_Mechanic

Some escs also need to be programmed or told what voltage input you are using (2s, 3s, 4s). Others might be able to autodetect input voltage. It all depends on the esc.

Prof. Tang also has a good suggestion.