Hello all! This reminds me of skateboarding!

redbaron77

Wow. I love flying quads! I skateboarded all of my life until I was shot and paralyzed from the waist down bout ten years ago. I never stopped looking at the world from a skaters view point. We view parks and ledges and handrails, ect. differently than others. I smile when i see a skatestop has been pried off when others have no idea what im looking at. Anyway, finding something to take the place of skating has been disappointing until now. Fpv quads has done it though. Now i constantly look at the world as whether that place would be fun to fly or not. And new tricks seem to be made everyday. Which is similar to skating as well. There are a ton of similarities actually. Anyway, just thought i would say hello and share a quick thought with ya. Peace.

danbob

I skated for 20 years, Ive been thinking of trying to build a plane to try and grind a goal post, would be cool to be able to do a roll into a nose grind :)

CatholicFlyer

Wow. I love flying quads! I skateboarded all of my life until I was shot and paralyzed from the waist down bout ten years ago. I never stopped looking at the world from a skaters view point. We view parks and ledges and handrails, ect. differently than others. I smile when i see a skatestop has been pried off when others have no idea what im looking at. Anyway, finding something to take the place of skating has been disappointing until now. Fpv quads has done it though. Now i constantly look at the world as whether that place would be fun to fly or not. And new tricks seem to be made everyday. Which is similar to skating as well. There are a ton of similarities actually. Anyway, just thought i would say hello and share a quick thought with ya. Peace.

Do you still have your board? I wonder if you could put some electronics on it and make it a flying skate board and continue to ride it from the controller. @DamoRC an idea for this skater to return to the skate park with a flying board.

redbaron77

Do you still have your board? I wonder if you could put some electronics on it and make it a flying skate board and continue to ride it from the controller. @DamoRC an idea for this skater to return to the skate park with a flying board.
The more i think about it, the cooler this sounds. If you were a very good pilot you could fly a skateboard around a skatepark and do skateboarding style tricks like kickflips and airing out of the bowl. That could be a nice video if done right! Ive seen videos where skateboards were "deleted" out of the video so it looks like people are flying around. This would be the opposite of that... kinda.

CatholicFlyer

The more i think about it, the cooler this sounds. If you were a very good pilot you could fly a skateboard around a skatepark and do skateboarding style tricks like kickflips and airing out of the bowl. That could be a nice video if done right! Ive seen videos where skateboards were "deleted" out of the video so it looks like people are flying around. This would be the opposite of that... kinda.
you said u missed skateboarding, so I thought about u creating something with your board.

redbaron77

And mount an fpv camera up on the tail of the board so you can see the board while flying. Kinda like a FT video i saw where the mounted a cam on the tail of a plane and flew it. Thanks for the idea Catholicflyer. Im not that good of a pilot yet. Definitely not a good builder yet. I cant even get my new quad back in the air :( BTW if anyone here has any great ideas for my other help thread... let em fly. ;) thanks

CatholicFlyer

And mount an fpv camera up on the tail of the board so you can see the board while flying. Kinda like a FT video i saw where the mounted a cam on the tail of a plane and flew it. Thanks for the idea Catholicflyer. Im not that good of a pilot yet. Definitely not a good builder yet. I cant even get my new quad back in the air :( BTW if anyone here has any great ideas for my other help thread... let em fly. ;) thanks
you're most welcome. well got the board, four wheels u do, need to figure out some wings, how to mount it, engine mount placement, tail, rudder and fpv.

CatholicFlyer

did some drawings for u, not sure what type or shape the board is u have. but something to look at. @redbaron77

Attachments

• WIN_20180908_11_08_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180908_11_08_00_Pro.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20180908_11_08_06_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180908_11_08_06_Pro.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20180908_11_08_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180908_11_08_12_Pro.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 0

danbob

Make the board/trucks/wheels out of foamboard so to keep it as light as possible, very doable i recon :)
You could also put some carbon fibre strips on the trucks so they would grind without killing the foamboard

danbob

I think the weight of a skateboard with trucks wheels and bearings may be a bit on the heavy side, I just weighed mine and it comes in at 2.4kg Add in the weight of the electronics and battery, it will be pretty heavy

CatholicFlyer

I think the weight of a skateboard with trucks wheels and bearings may be a bit on the heavy side, I just weighed mine and it comes in at 2.4kg Add in the weight of the electronics and battery, it will be pretty heavy
metal axles, truck wheels are a good chunk of weight, so remake those with lighter stuff, either do wings or take race quad motors and make it a hover board thingy.

redbaron77

I was thinking more of just a flying deck. Quad style with motors a the four "corners" of the board. Trucks wheels ect. Would be unnecessary i think. Haha.. this has turned into something else..... im happy with just flying a normal quad and similarities and happyness to skateboarding are just a plus.