Hello all.

Roger53

I am just getting back into fixed wing flying. I last flew about 1980 or so and obviously everything has changed so i need to learn all over again.
I just finished building a S800 wing and am trying to fly more that 30 secs without crashing :( but provided the wing holds up I should be good to go in a couple of weeks. I dont know anyone near me that flies and the nearest club is quite a distance away so i dont think I will be able to get on a buddy box. Are there any online sims that have a demo I could try out? I was surprised not to find several with an online search. I found a few sims but i dont want to spend $100+ and not know if my QX7 will work on it.
thanks for your help
Roger

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome to te forums @Roger53 ! I personally fly off RealFlight G4 (old, I know!) and it is really good. You can find used bundles on eBay for under $100. Here is RealFlight G5.5, so newer than mine, for only $80. Comes with the controller and software. Here are always a ton of listings on eBay for the RealFlight simulators, I just chose this one since it wasn’t a very old version, includes the controller and software, and is pretty cheap. Good luck and have fun!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Flight-Remote-Control-R-C-Simulator-G-5-5-Interlink-Elite-Cont-Software/283643169206?hash=item420a7349b6:g:W-UAAOSwGf5dpIVQ&LH_All=1

Roger53

Welcome to te forums @Roger53 ! I personally fly off RealFlight G4 (old, I know!) and it is really good. You can find used bundles on eBay for under $100. Here is RealFlight G5.5, so newer than mine, for only $80. Comes with the controller and software. Here are always a ton of listings on eBay for the RealFlight simulators, I just chose this one since it wasn’t a very old version, includes the controller and software, and is pretty cheap. Good luck and have fun!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Flight-Remote-Control-R-C-Simulator-G-5-5-Interlink-Elite-Cont-Software/283643169206?hash=item420a7349b6:g:W-UAAOSwGf5dpIVQ&LH_All=1
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late response (I have been on the road). RealFlight looks very interesting but even $80 is out of my range at the moment. I was hoping for a free (or close to free) demo version of a sim that I could try for a while and make a purchase this winter.
Thanks for the advice.
Roger

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the information: Sorry for the late response (i have been on the road). Will any dongle work with any radio and Phoenix? or is it proprietary ? Sorry for the dumb questions but I have no clue about sims.
I believe there is one on Amazon that will work. No idea if it is proprietary.

Roger53

Phoenix Simulator up an flying.:)

Just want to update my search for a Sim. I ordered the RC Simulator RF7 Realflight from Ebay ($12). It has a CD for software, a dongle that has 4 positions, for different Sims and about 5 adapters/cables. Serial numbers are on the package (i did not need SN for Phoenix). I am using a TARANIS 9D+ which i ended up using the trainer port to dongle to USB connection (everything supplied in box).
It took FOREVER to get the software loaded and everything updated. For the radio: Just a basic model setup, no mixes etc. It did give me fits until I switched over to SLAVE/JACK, channel 1-8, and ppm. I have both internal and external rf off.
I havent tried RealFlight yet but I am confident it should work.
So hope this will help others and thanks to MERV and The Hanger for pointing me in the correct direction.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Phoenix Simulator up an flying.:)

Just want to update my search for a Sim. I ordered the RC Simulator RF7 Realflight from Ebay ($12). It has a CD for software, a dongle that has 4 positions, for different Sims and about 5 adapters/cables. Serial numbers are on the package (i did not need SN for Phoenix). I am using a TARANIS 9D+ which i ended up using the trainer port to dongle to USB connection (everything supplied in box).
It took FOREVER to get the software loaded and everything updated. For the radio: Just a basic model setup, no mixes etc. It did give me fits until I switched over to SLAVE/JACK, channel 1-8, and ppm. I have both internal and external rf off.
I havent tried RealFlight yet but I am confident it should work.
So hope this will help others and thanks to MERV and The Hanger for pointing me in the correct direction.
Glad you got it all figured out and have fun!:)