Hello all!

jwhitacre

New member, definitely not new flier. Been flying for 25 years now, and til recently was over on rcgroups.com primarily. I lost my local field (municipal park) a few years ago to a no drone sign. After that I joined an AMA club and have been there since. Recently thise signs were taken down with some action from the rc community working with county officials. That, and FTCA becoming CBO I'm heading back to my "home" so to speak. I'll be joining the FTCA after the holidays, and getting back to more frequent flying activities. Happy holidays everyone and happy flying!

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Only sports fields for me too. I don't support organizations that don't represent member concerns with the FAA. No more AMA for me. FPVFC and FTCA are more responsive to members.

mastermalpass

Elite member
Welcome! It's nice to hear you've got an old location back. I'm fortunate enough that flying hasn't been banned in any of the parks I find myself living near. But even then half the time I find myself taking a smallish plane to the moors, random farm fields (when they have public footpaths running through them and have no livestock or crops in, of course) or beaches.

Are public open spaces okay to fly in, where you are?

jwhitacre

Welcome! It's nice to hear you've got an old location back. I'm fortunate enough that flying hasn't been banned in any of the parks I find myself living near. But even then half the time I find myself taking a smallish plane to the moors, random farm fields (when they have public footpaths running through them and have no livestock or crops in, of course) or beaches.

Are public open spaces okay to fly in, where you are?
I'd like to say with confidence yes, but it's Pennsylvania so you never know. It's not taxed by the state so probably not ;)
The remote ID was what I was trying to avoid, but may not be able to.