Hello! Also, Tiny Trainer Q

jon003

I got a tiny trainer and power pack A.

If I use the servo horns with one arm, not only does the linkage stopper's body not thread all the way up, so the nut stops shy of the servo horn arm, but you also have to ream out the hole on the servo arm significantly to fit. I tried it that way for now.

Or do people use one of the other servo horns, and just trim off the excess arms?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

If I use the servo horns with one arm, not only does the linkage stopper's body not thread all the way up, so the nut stops shy of the servo horn arm, but you also have to ream out the hole on the servo arm significantly to fit. I tried it that way for now.

Or do people use one of the other servo horns, and just trim off the excess arms?

I had the same issue, I ended up making a tiny washer to fill out the extra space so the linkage stopper was stable. The other servohorns (at least that I had), all had the same size wholes and needed to be reamed out to get the hole big enough for the linkage stopper to fit.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT

I put the "Z" bend through the servo horn and th elinkage stopper on th econtrol horn. This makes it easier fto fit and to adjust later.

Just what works for me!

have fun!

Innaviation

Welcome to the forum jon003!

I normally just trim off the excess, Hai-Lee's method is probably better but trimming the excess off has yet to have any troubles for me

jon003

I put the "Z" bend through the servo horn and th elinkage stopper on th econtrol horn. This makes it easier fto fit and to adjust later.

Just what works for me!

have fun!

Interesting. But once you tighten the linkage stopper, the wire can't rotate in the hole, which I think is why we use a Z bend on the control horn, and not the servo horn, right?

I have Z bend pliers, so I may just end up doing a custom Z bend, if my tiny homebrew lexan washer doesn't end up doing the trick, or the horn fails because I had to ream out the hole.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Interesting. But once you tighten the linkage stopper, the wire can't rotate in the hole, which I think is why we use a Z bend on the control horn, and not the servo horn, right?

I have Z bend pliers, so I may just end up doing a custom Z bend, if my tiny homebrew lexan washer doesn't end up doing the trick, or the horn fails because I had to ream out the hole.
You do not tighten the Linkage stopper against the control horn as it should rotate freely on the control horn. The tightening I refer to is to tighten it on the pushrod!

Have fun!