Hello and Thank You Flite Test!!

Dashthemad

Thanks poor boy!! Ill be perusing them soon, but my own transmitter is just out of reach for the moment. U want one bad! Ive got a drone i cant even fly because the you transmitter it came with is actually missong a couple touch plate and spring from the battery compartment. Plus I have another drone in need of some light repair ( a plastic cog Was stripped after an unfortunate incident with some siding on my apartment lol noob problems) that all are still flyable(ish) but its intensely frustrating to learn how to fly with new sticks every time. I need a transmitter though. *sigh* the problem with the starting line is the milestones seem so far away.

basslord1124

Master member
I know money can be tight (trust me, I'm a poor boy too...married with a child, and living on my one income for right now) but you can make gradual purchases or make suggestions to folks at Christmas/Birthday time for people. ;)

One of my bigger purchases was my charger. HiTec X4 AC Pro...cost $200 and luckily Tower Hobbies at the time had an easy pay system that I could pay so much per month.

You'll find with the hobby though that you will eventually get bored and start trading/selling to get something else that may be bigger/better/different.

Dashthemad

I think thats the best part of the hobby. I've been watching your channel just about every day, pickin up flight tips and just takin the journey with you, and the thing is, I feel like it'll be a while before that comes. Josh B. has been doin this for 20+ years and he looks so stoked every time he picks up the transmitter. All I can hope is when I'm on his side of the fence, with 20+ into this, I'm still as stoked. But you do bring up a point. Three of my four drones came from people with no patience to learn or people who were just done. In fact, them being done is probably the only reason I was able to step into the hobby when I did! Thus the world keeps turning lol.

Headbang

Master member
I have been at this since the 80's, flying is still my passion! When I did a blender that ended in a long full throttle flat spin with my timberX yesterday, I was grinning ear to ear. Key is to do what makes you happy, do not worry about what others are doing.

Headbang

Master member
Yes a blender is a high energy 3d maneuver. Possibly the most stressful thing you can do to a plane. Has been the death of many planes hehehe

Dashthemad

I bet it looks wicked. There's a vid guys!! Maybe you could fly quads/planes and walk us noobs through some simple BASIC acrobatics with them. Teach us the jargon and put a visual aid. Coukd also help us noobs diagnose flight problems.

Dashthemad

It's. About. To go. Down!!! Hopefully not literally. But i have three back up just in case.

Attachments

• 15556942427984951564510770379277.jpg
    15556942427984951564510770379277.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome aboard Dashthemad! I started with toy quads myself. Then got bigger toy quads. Then went FPV and lost that one in a tree the day before a hurricane, never to be seen again.

I used to ride motorcycles and can't anymore, but I needed that mental release the bikes gave me. I found it with little foamboard airplanes. I giggle like a child every time I fly, unless I'm too busy laughing maniacally to giggle. I giggle and I laugh as the plane self-destructs just because I ran it nose first into the ground. This hobby is an absolute joy.

Just like any hobby, you'll end up spending money on it. Once the initial investment is complete though, the rest is at more of a trickle pace and much easier to handle.

There is also a learning curve involved and many do just give up. If you're feeling discouraged just pop on in to the Forum, and we'll cheer you up and encourage you and remind you why we all love RC flight so much, and before you know it, you'll be right back at it!

Welcome to the madness, Dashthemad!

Dashthemad

Thank you for those words of encouragement buzzbomb! It fills my heart with joy to know there ARE people who can sympathize with the plight of beeing a Noob in a hobby that can easily overwhelm (and bankrupt) you. So far the only frustrating moment ive had in this (other than teaching myself... Im a horrible student lol) is I have a quad sitting in my closet I havent even flown yet because the previous owner scavenged aome important pieces from the transmitter. Now the batteries just fall out, thus rendering my nice quad a paperweight until I can get my own transmitter, which is a bit expensive on my salary. It is definitely in the cards, just a matter of patience and timing. Also on my bucket list is Flite fest. I have GOT to see this just once, and in person. It's plain from the smiles and and happy ess that this event was MADE for fellowship, friendship, and just flyin planes. Also a bit away from my grasp at the moment, but still a goal. Im in WV, so the thought of a massive gathering I could totally fit in with only being a few hours away from home and me being stuck because of funding is frustrating too, but again, its simply a matter of timing. And patience. On the flip side, I'm not sitting here waiting for things to happen. I'm trying to be a positive member of the new community im a part of by getting the word out. Im also teaching my better half all i know atm, which is next to nothing right now, but its a better headstart for her than I had. Even my kids are starting to come around to it. Ive been buzzing quads around the house for almost two weeks using my captive audience to teach basics; pitch, thrust, yaw (my almost 6-yr-old loves that word lol). In fact I'm charging my quad and my fiancee, getting ready to teach her about how to get it off the ground. I at least know that much lol.

Again, to EVERYONE, THANK you! Im in love with rc at this point. Hopelessly so. Hope to see you at flute fest, but if not, crash one for me!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thank you for those words of encouragement buzzbomb! It fills my heart with joy to know there ARE people who can sympathize with the plight of beeing a Noob in a hobby that can easily overwhelm (and bankrupt) you. So far the only frustrating moment ive had in this (other than teaching myself... Im a horrible student lol) is I have a quad sitting in my closet I havent even flown yet because the previous owner scavenged aome important pieces from the transmitter. Now the batteries just fall out, thus rendering my nice quad a paperweight until I can get my own transmitter, which is a bit expensive on my salary. It is definitely in the cards, just a matter of patience and timing. Also on my bucket list is Flite fest. I have GOT to see this just once, and in person. It's plain from the smiles and and happy ess that this event was MADE for fellowship, friendship, and just flyin planes. Also a bit away from my grasp at the moment, but still a goal. Im in WV, so the thought of a massive gathering I could totally fit in with only being a few hours away from home and me being stuck because of funding is frustrating too, but again, its simply a matter of timing. And patience. On the flip side, I'm not sitting here waiting for things to happen. I'm trying to be a positive member of the new community im a part of by getting the word out. Im also teaching my better half all i know atm, which is next to nothing right now, but its a better headstart for her than I had. Even my kids are starting to come around to it. Ive been buzzing quads around the house for almost two weeks using my captive audience to teach basics; pitch, thrust, yaw (my almost 6-yr-old loves that word lol). In fact I'm charging my quad and my fiancee, getting ready to teach her about how to get it off the ground. I at least know that much lol.

Again, to EVERYONE, THANK you! Im in love with rc at this point. Hopelessly so. Hope to see you at flute fest, but if not, crash one for me!
You are already getting the whole family involved. You're doing it right. Ya'll have fun flying a quad around the house! (Been there and done that for many, many nights.) I'm building a foamboard airplane! Gotta get back to it. Ya'll have fun. :D