Hello from BC Canada

jthulin

Flying the water plane in my signature and a Mustang I built with a speed wing and 700 watts. Occasionally a Goblin and a Cub.

Planning on continuing with my racer (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-racer-narrow-fuse-speed-wing.58854/ )
andgoing to build a Guinea Pig and an Edge soon.

The Baby Blender is something I've always wanted to try.

View attachment 139586

View attachment 139587

View attachment 139588
I love the water plane. Was it made from plans, or mash-up? It reminds me of the FT Planes Fire and Rescue Goose water bomber.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Looks great! How does this one fly compared to the original or is this one the only one you've flown?
I haven't flown this one yet, or any Baby blender for that matter. Just thought a cool looking plane could look a whole lot cooler and fly more stable then the original. Was actually just finishing it off today with the control electronics and pushrods. Hope to maiden it soon.

Just lost a plane to the wind gods yesterday in a farmers field of canola, and it had my only receiver in it, so I am grounded till I find it, or I do some serious ass kissing t justify getting a new one, (it was my third receiver and I've only had it a couple weeks now).

That water plane you are flying is the Sea Duck correct? I hear that multi prop planes are a little easier to fly because there is no torque roll... true?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Flying the water plane in my signature and a Mustang I built with a speed wing and 700 watts. Occasionally a Goblin and a Cub.

Planning on continuing with my racer (https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-racer-narrow-fuse-speed-wing.58854/ )
andgoing to build a Guinea Pig and an Edge soon.

The Baby Blender is something I've always wanted to try.

View attachment 139586

View attachment 139587

View attachment 139588
I love the sea duck with the modded tail!

Sero

Elite member
I love the water plane. Was it made from plans, or mash-up? It reminds me of the FT Planes Fire and Rescue Goose water bomber.
Thanks!
I took the plans for the Sea Duck and modified them or re-drew parts on poster board. The goal was to have a water plane of that size with a removable wing.
About 12 packs in I stalled it and wrecked the wing, so a built a new one with smaller nacelles and put flaps on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190124_144947.jpg
    IMG_20190124_144947.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190124_145116.jpg
    IMG_20190124_145116.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190124_205441.jpg
    IMG_20190124_205441.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190125_211849.jpg
    IMG_20190125_211849.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190214_162955.jpg
    IMG_20190214_162955.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190216_165638.jpg
    IMG_20190216_165638.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190216_170129.jpg
    IMG_20190216_170129.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190220_081231.jpg
    IMG_20190220_081231.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190226_140810_1.jpg
    IMG_20190226_140810_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190319_163143.jpg
    IMG_20190319_163143.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190319_163458.jpg
    IMG_20190319_163458.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Sero

Elite member
I haven't flown this one yet, or any Baby blender for that matter. Just thought a cool looking plane could look a whole lot cooler and fly more stable then the original. Was actually just finishing it off today with the control electronics and pushrods. Hope to maiden it soon.

Just lost a plane to the wind gods yesterday in a farmers field of canola, and it had my only receiver in it, so I am grounded till I find it, or I do some serious ass kissing t justify getting a new one, (it was my third receiver and I've only had it a couple weeks now).

That water plane you are flying is the Sea Duck correct? I hear that multi prop planes are a little easier to fly because there is no torque roll... true?

Sucks losing a plane. hope you find it. You can get a beeper and attach it to an unused channel and assign a switch to it.

Beeper: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-be-found-lost-model-beeper.html

Yes dual motor planes fly a bit nicer, also the bigger planes generally fly better too. Problem is they are more likely to break when hitting the ground as there is more mass.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Sucks losing a plane. hope you find it. You can get a beeper and attach it to an unused channel and assign a switch to it.

Yes dual motor planes fly a bit nicer, also the bigger planes generally fly better too. Problem is they are more likely to break when hitting the ground as there is more mass.
That's exactly why I moved to the minis, less inevitable collateral damage on every crash. Flew the Spitfire a couple nights ago and it was so smooth to fly compared to the minis I have been flying

jthulin

Thanks!
I took the plans for the Sea Duck and modified them or re-drew parts on poster board. The goal was to have a water plane of that size with a removable wing.
About 12 packs in I stalled it and wrecked the wing, so a built a new one with smaller nacelles and put flaps on it.
Too cool! Thanks for the build pics, looks very sturdy!

Headbang

Master member
I have been playing with a new symmetrical wing for the seaduck. As well larger tail surfaces. After a few hundred flights on the stock version it was time to start on one that was even more insane. Smoother hovering, better inverted, and faster roll rate is the goal.

Sero

Elite member
I have been playing with a new symmetrical wing for the seaduck. As well larger tail surfaces. After a few hundred flights on the stock version it was time to start on one that was even more insane. Smoother hovering, better inverted, and faster roll rate is the goal.

I'm interested in the results of the wing change. Its something I've thought about and will play with when I build the Guinea Pig.

When I redesigned my Sea Duck I kept the tail surfaces area similar to stock as when I did the math they were already on the big side (close to 30% of wing surface for the horizontal stab) I stretched the tail out a bit to make the plane track a bit better and increased the size of the elevator to keep its authority strong ( and it is as I can still easily do outside loops). I wish I put rudders on it as I feel there are advantages to them over differential thrust. Rudder will happen on my Guinea Pig.

Headbang

Master member
I'm interested in the results of the wing change. Its something I've thought about and will play with when I build the Guinea Pig.

When I redesigned my Sea Duck I kept the tail surfaces area similar to stock as when I did the math they were already on the big side (close to 30% of wing surface for the horizontal stab) I stretched the tail out a bit to make the plane track a bit better and increased the size of the elevator to keep its authority strong ( and it is as I can still easily do outside loops). I wish I put rudders on it as I feel there are advantages to them over differential thrust. Rudder will happen on my Guinea Pig.
Rudders are something I am missing for sure on mine. If I had them there would no reason I could not do solid knife edges and pop tops. Aileron authority is a big one I am missing.

jross

Wow all these people from bc, just thought I would say that those planes look great and that I'm from Nelson BC.
Dude. Let's fly. I'm in Slocan Park. We could meet at the MAAC field near the canal. Or at my neighbour's farm.