Hello from South Africa

JakeyTheHakey

Just a quick howdey to all Flite Test folk.
I am from Cape Town South Africa and getting back into RC flying and so glad I found Flite Test and will support them all the way.
Who knows, maybe one day I can come to USA and join y'all for some flying, building and having fun.

Cheers !
Jakey

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Welcome! Also whats up with everyone from South Africa joining the forums lately? I'm not meaning that negatively but it's just something I've noticed and think is pretty cool actually.

JakeyTheHakey

Welcome to the forums!

We'd love to come visit your country too! Do you have a spare couch? :p
Please come to Cape Town. Our currency is 13 to 1 ($1 = R13), so you can have a holiday like a king for dirt cheap.
...and yes, not only can I supply a couch, but can organize you one of the best and most welcomed accommodation like 500ft from the beach. It is kite surf heaven. My good friend Mike runs a very friendly accommodation house for overseas guests (for dirt cheap also).
Don't let the water shortage scare you away though. Besides, we had a good spell of rain, though we need more.
AND we only get cool summers (and hot summers also), but no winter. I've never experienced snow my whole life.

Text me privately if you are serious about your visit.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Welcome, sir!!! If you're down by the beach and you get winds for kite surfing, you might be able to pull some great slope soaring sessions! :)

Hope you enjoy the forums!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to the family mate.

We have people here from all over the world. We are proving every day that world peace will be directly linked to Flite Test over time. We are showing we are all the same no matter where we are from and that flying is the key to it all.

On a side note.. I have been a gamer for many many years and I have a really good friend from South Africa. Fun contrast though as she has been living in Nova Scotia since I have known her. She has DEFINITELY seen snow hehehe.

I'd love to come to see where you live it sounds amazing but unfortunately I am not allowed to leave the country. I guess they don't wanna lose one of their most important natural resources....... :eek: o_O

JakeyTheHakey

Welcome to the family mate.

We have people here from all over the world. We are proving every day that world peace will be directly linked to Flite Test over time. We are showing we are all the same no matter where we are from and that flying is the key to it all.

On a side note.. I have been a gamer for many many years and I have a really good friend from South Africa. Fun contrast though as she has been living in Nova Scotia since I have known her. She has DEFINITELY seen snow hehehe.

I'd love to come to see where you live it sounds amazing but unfortunately I am not allowed to leave the country. I guess they don't wanna lose one of their most important natural resources....... :eek:o_O

I like the way you talk about taking over the world. I'm all up for that!
You a gamer? Nice ! Me too and have been playing some games and meeting people around the globe for like 5 years. Sadly some of it turned sour and I actually struggle to believe how rude some younger folk can be. Nova Scotia looks like a nice place.

I live like 10km/7miles away from the beach, but my friend Mike stays almost on the beach. Beautiful place indeed.

Yo you got VAST OPEN SPACE where you live. I am jealous indeed. Nice drone video on your website :)
I've never gotten into drones yet, but maybe one day.

I've attached some pics.

Cheerz

Attachments

• bbs.jpg
    bbs.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
  • blouberg.jpg
    blouberg.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
HAHA the grass is always greener on the other side thing...

Id rather be closer to the ocean like you. I grew up on the shore in New Jersey. I miss the beach areas and the more stable weather. This whole 2 weeks of spring 2 months of summer 2 weeks of fall and 9 months of winter thing sux. A month ago we had snow and rain and not a leaf on the trees. Today its over 90 F (over 32 C)

JakeyTheHakey

That is a nice temperature.
We practically only have summer.....or hot winters, like min 5C/41F. Is supposed to be winter and we got 20C/68F today.
Then there are super hot summer days, like 47C/116F, but they are quite few and far in between. We need just more rain. Ugh