Hello from the middle of nowhere Iowa!

Hey everyone,

My name is Joe, I've had an account here for awhile, but never really posted. I live in a small town in Iowa, but my parents have a acreage in the middle of a cornfield that I fly at a lot.

I have been following flitetest since near the beginning ( The bixler 2 episode is what got me going in the hobby) and have since crashed 2 bixlers and scratch built since. My current fleet is a FT mini arrow, FT explorer, FT3d, a ZMR250, and a half working RCexplorer tricopter.

I'm fortunate enough to have a CNC machine, along with a 3d printer, so I get to build a lot of this stuff I fly, which I really enjoy.

If you guys have any questions for me ask away!

P.S. if the community cast trys to pronounce my username I'd love to hear what they think it should sound like! Love the podcast guys. Keep it up.

DharanFlyer

My wife's family lives in Boone. If you up for it sometime when we are back maybe we can fly together. Get a short break from the in-laws ;).

I'm in Grimes. Been wondering if there were any other FT fans around the area. Seems most of the flyers I run into around Des Moines turn their nose up at foamboard planes. Talked to some guys at a local field one day and was interested in joining their club until they found out what I fly (Blunt nosed Versa, PunJet, Tiny Trainer and a couple of quads at that point) and started giving me the cold shoulder.