Hello, FT Forum!

PixelDani

Hello,

i am Dani 23 from Germany (Munich)!

I am complete new to the Hobby! When i was around 12 years, i was into building revell models and i had a chuck glider :)

Three weeks ago, i found Flite Test on Youtube, at this point get addicted to flight!

I bought me the Realflight Simulator (Horizon Hobby Edition), for practice! I can recommend the flight simulator, the first flight attempts have worked really great!

Now I will practice a few weeks to buy the Carbon Cub S +

Can someone suggest the plane?

My first decision was the Sport Cub S (RTF from Hobbyzone), but i think the plane is to small.

A plane with a FPV platform is planned for the future, i said future :ROFLMAO:

Greeting from Germany

English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part.

Lets grow together!

Dani

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Welcome to the forums!

I far as suggesting a plane, if you are interested in building, the FT tiny trainer would be a great plane to start with. I'm going to be building one with my dad is a couple of weeks.

Have Fun!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
The Simple Cub, Bushwacker, Storch or Tiny Trainer would be great planes to start with.

Headbang

Master member
Welcome!

Cubs make a good second plane, Carbon Cubs make a good 3rd plane. First one should be something you are not too attached too, takes minimal time to build or assemble (so you don't get too attached). It should have properties that are forgiving.

Search out local clubs! Clubs make the experience so much more rewarding! If you have someone to help, there is a chance you may learn to fly and still have you plane in 1 piece when you move on to the next. Without help, expect to destroy a few planes very quickly.

Keep at the sim, log as many hours as you can. But one suggestion. Keep it to 20min sessions, take a break then come back, dont just keep hitting the red button every 30secs for hours lol

Good luck!

Seahunter

Welcome to our FT family. There are plenty of mentors available here. An airframe such as the FT Tiny Trainer or equivalent Would be a good choice. Choose your equipment carefully always looking forward to expansion in the future. Try for at least 6 channels to start, 8 channels if you can afford it. Don't buy the cheap generic radio equipment, performance is limited on most of it, I have a box full of it in the garage I never use as the range is unreliable. I agree with all of the recommendations listed above except the Simple Cub, it can be a pain to trim out. :) Fred

PixelDani

Welcome!

Cubs make a good second plane, Carbon Cubs make a good 3rd plane. First one should be something you are not too attached too, takes minimal time to build or assemble (so you don't get too attached). It should have properties that are forgiving.

Search out local clubs! Clubs make the experience so much more rewarding! If you have someone to help, there is a chance you may learn to fly and still have you plane in 1 piece when you move on to the next. Without help, expect to destroy a few planes very quickly.

Keep at the sim, log as many hours as you can. But one suggestion. Keep it to 20min sessions, take a break then come back, dont just keep hitting the red button every 30secs for hours lol

Good luck!

Hello Headbang,

thank you for your friendly reply and advices! :)

PixelDani

Welcome to our FT family. There are plenty of mentors available here. An airframe such as the FT Tiny Trainer or equivalent Would be a good choice. Choose your equipment carefully always looking forward to expansion in the future. Try for at least 6 channels to start, 8 channels if you can afford it. Don't buy the cheap generic radio equipment, performance is limited on most of it, I have a box full of it in the garage I never use as the range is unreliable. I agree with all of the recommendations listed above except the Simple Cub, it can be a pain to trim out. :) Fred
Hello Seahunter! Thank you for your advices! I am looking forward to buy at first a RTF setup with a included Spektrum DXe, with the Bluetooth adapter am i able to swich planes programms with my smartphone on the road. I think a FT Plane is for the beginning too nervracking! You said it already with the trim issues. A first plane with SAFE and 3axis stabilisaton is a must have.

Greetings from Germany

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member