Hello I’m new :)

Eddo radush

Hello all :)
I’m new to the world of flight test
And I’m having an amazing experience so far!

I had the chance to fly my Tiny Trainer for the first time with one of the most coolest guy I ever met - @mayan

the plane felt very good and was easy to control

Now I want to try the OLD FOGEY an old timer good looking model
That looks also easy for a noob like me to fly
So..
I would like to know if it’s possible to get an Old Fogey to the air with the power pack that I have

which is..
Battery- 7.4 v 1000 mah
Motor- Emax BL 2205/22 1650kv
esc- BLhli 20A
5 gram micro servos

Thanks for the helpers :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

I had the chance to fly my Tiny Trainer for the first time with one of the most coolest guy I ever met - @mayan

So..
I would like to know if it’s possible to get an Old Fogey to the air with the power pack that I have

which is..
Battery- 7.4 v 1000 mah
esc- BLhli 20A
5 gram micro servos

Welcome @Eddo radush! Mayan has earned many friends here, and we are all very happy that he's found one that he can fly with. You certainly seem to be jumping right into the hobby and having a great time doing it!

I don't have enough personal knowledge to answer your question. I was just looking at the Power Pack that Flite Test recommends for the Old Fogey.

https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-power-pack-b-fixed-wing-small-flt-3002/p674263

They've got a 2213-935, 20 amp esc, 1300mAh batt and 9 gram servos. 1016mm is a respectably sized plane. Unless someone with more knowledge and experience chimes in, I personally wouldn't risk the chance of burning out something by over-burdening it.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Should work with the fogey. Try a 10x4.5 slowfly prop or something similar. Take it for a short flight and land it to check the motor temperature. If it's too hot to hold on to for 30 seconds, you need a smaller prop.

Eddo radush

Than
Welcome @Eddo radush! Mayan has earned many friends here, and we are all very happy that he's found one that he can fly with. You certainly seem to be jumping right into the hobby and having a great time doing it!

I don't have enough personal knowledge to answer your question. I was just looking at the Power Pack that Flite Test recommends for the Old Fogey.

https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-power-pack-b-fixed-wing-small-flt-3002/p674263

They've got a 2213-935, 20 amp esc, 1300mAh batt and 9 gram servos. 1016mm is a respectably sized plane. Unless someone with more knowledge and experience chimes in, I personally wouldn't risk the chance of burning out something by over-burdening it.[/QUOTE
Should work with the fogey. Try a 10x4.5 slowfly prop or something similar. Take it for a short flight and land it to check the motor temperature. If it's too hot to hold on to for 30 seconds, you need a smaller prop.
thanks for the information !
I already start to build the fogey and almost done!
I have being rushing a little bit and the cut’s didn’t went so much pretty but I think it’s can glide.. I’ll try the prop you suggested

I’ll try to shot a video on Friday and post it in here
Can’t wait:)

Eddo radush

They've got a 2213-935, 20 amp esc, 1300mAh batt and 9 gram servos. 1016mm is a respectably sized plane. Unless someone with more knowledge and experience chimes in, I personally wouldn't risk the chance of burning out something by over-burdening it.
Thanks :) so Happy to see that there is a lot of support from members in here
@mayan is the best and I’m learning a lot from him!

skymaster

Elite member
Love this, not only do get to learn how to build a plane and fly it you also get to meet other people and make new friends from all over the world. ain't that great.

Eddo radush

So..

which is..
Battery- 7.4 v 1000 mah
esc- BLhli 20A
5 gram micro servos

So i made the old fogey but I squeezed the plans in 25% off, so my motor will handle the size/weight
Of the plane
my motor can work with 8.4 prop maximum

It was super sensitive on the transmitter and I didn’t get well at the first few flights
But eventually I got it In the air which was exiting but a little bit scary

Anyway, I’m moving on and trying to build a another slow flight plane (maybe the “slow fish” that I saw on YouTube)
or maybe trying to design my own plane Which can be very fun experience

I’ll post the “small old fogey” video soon

Eddo radush

So i made the old fogey but I squeezed the plans in 25% off, so my motor will handle the size/weight
Of the plane
my motor can work with 8.4 prop maximum

It was super sensitive on the transmitter and I didn’t get well at the first few flights
But eventually I got it In the air which was exiting but a little bit scary

Anyway, I’m moving on and trying to build a another slow flight plane (maybe the “slow fish” that I saw on YouTube)
or maybe trying to design my own plane Which can be very fun experience

I’ll post the “small old fogey” video soon
And sorry for my English by the way :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
And sorry for my English by the way :)
Your english is just fine. More understandable than many of my countryman, as a matter of fact. (y) Sorry to hear that your experience with the Old Fogey didn't go so well. I hope your next try is more of a success for you.

@sundown57 has a great thread going concerning slow flying planes. I've also discovered that my Mini Scout Biplane does surprisingly well at low throttle. You've definitely got a lot of exciting options for your next build.

Keep at it, good luck, and we look forward to video! :)

mayan

Legendary member
Your english is just fine. More understandable than many of my countryman, as a matter of fact. (y) Sorry to hear that your experience with the Old Fogey didn't go so well. I hope your next try is more of a success for you.

@sundown57 has a great thread going concerning slow flying planes. I've also discovered that my Mini Scout Biplane does surprisingly well at low throttle. You've definitely got a lot of exciting options for your next build.

Keep at it, good luck, and we look forward to video! :)
Once you see his video you’ll see that he did fine with it, keeping in mind it’s a scaled version of the old foggy.

kilroy07

Legendary member

Any friend of Mayan is a friend of ours!

Welcome to the family!!

kilroy07

Legendary member
It was super sensitive on the transmitter
Maybe ask Mayan if your transmitter can do expo?

Also, if you make a spare wing for the tiny trainer you can turn it into a biplane. I'll attach the PDF for the struts (you will want to brace them like we did with our Dr.1s)

You can find more info here;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...rainer-the-challenge.57560/page-5#post-464170

I'm glad you and Mayan got together, it's always better flying with a friend. Plus, now he has a witness if (When!) he does something crazy!

Attachments

• Tiny Trainer-BiPlane.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 0

RainbowderpHG

So..

which is..
Battery- 7.4 v 1000 mah
esc- BLhli 20A
5 gram micro servos

Welcome to The Forums. I New Here Too. I Saldy Can't Help Much... I am Kinda New To rc Airplanes. I Know a Bit On Heils and cars. I Am Working on a 1/19 scale Boeing 757-200, So as I'm working on my plane I can Help You out. DO You also have a transmitter and receiver?

Last edited: