Hello! Iam new to the hobby and I just want to know are my parts compatible?

quorneng

Master member
M4RT1N1
The Battery C rating is an indication of how fast it may be discharged not how much power it will deliver.
The rate at which a battery is actually discharged is down to the characteristics of the motor, its prop and how much throttle you use!

M4RT1N1

Thanks
M4RT1N1
The Battery C rating is an indication of how fast it may be discharged not how much power it will deliver.
The rate at which a battery is actually discharged is down to the characteristics of the motor, its prop and how much throttle you use!
Thanks

quorneng

Master member
The limit is not the motor itself but how big a prop you put on it.
If you look up the details of that motor on the Bangood web site they show the amps it will draw with 4 different props.
The highest figure they show is 26A which should be ok for a 30 A ESC. Remember the amps it uses when actually flying are a bit less than when the plane is restrained on the ground.
However if you are going to use a prop that takes both the ESC and motor close to their limits you would do well to buy a Watt meter so you can check the actual amps used on your plane. Not all brands of props are equal even if the published diameter and pitch figures are the same.;)

M4RT1N1

The limit is not the motor itself but how big a prop you put on it.
If you look up the details of that motor on the Bangood web site they show the amps it will draw with 4 different props.
The highest figure they show is 26A which should be ok for a 30 A ESC. Remember the amps it uses when actually flying are a bit less than when the plane is restrained on the ground.
However if you are going to use a prop that takes both the ESC and motor close to their limits you would do well to buy a Watt meter so you can check the actual amps used on your plane. Not all brands of props are equal even if the published diameter and pitch figures are the same.;)
Can I use smaller prop than recommended?

quorneng

Master member
M4RT1N1
You will get a range of bushes with the prop that cover the most likely prop adaptor sizes.

You can use a smaller diameter prop to limit the amps the motor takes but it will generate less thrust.
How much thrust you actually need is down to the design and weight of the plane.
Do you have a plane? Does it have a recommended motor/prop/ESC/battery type & capacity?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
All of the ratings with RC stuff are do not exceed numbers. I agree with @quorneng, it all begins with the prop. You want a prop that will not exceed the motor's amp rating. You want an ESC that is rated for more amps than the motor wants. And a battery that can supply more amps than the ESC can draw. Whichever amp rating you exceed first will be the thing that burns out first.

The formula for batteries amp rating is: mAh / 1000 x C = Amps
Example A 2200 mAh 20C battery can supply 44 amps (2200/1000x20=44)

Can I use smaller prop than recommended?
Yes, you can always use a smaller prop than is recommended.

When testing a new setup, I always do a bench test. Run the motor at full throttle for 10 seconds, stop & check the temperature of the motor, ESC & battery by touching them. Warm is OK but if they are so hot you can't touch them, STOP Try a smaller prop. If it passed, try a 30 second run, then a 60 second run. It's always good to check the temperatures after a flight. A prop that worked when it was 70 outside may over heat then it get hot outside, 95+.

Keep in mind that the faster a prop spins, the more amps it will draw, larger the diameter the more amps & the higher the pitch the more amps. A motor will spin faster on 4S than on 3S, so you will need to reduce the prop size, pitch and/or diameter as the voltage increases. Some vendors will give a range of voltages & prop sizes, something like 3-4S with props form 10x6 to 9x4. which means on 3S use the 10x6 & on 4S use the 9x4.

In your case, it looks like there was a typo on the banggood site. The10x4.7 prop pulled more amps than the 10x6 prop. I suspect someone switched those numbers. The 10x6 prop will pull more amps.

Last edited:

M4RT1N1

M4RT1N1
You will get a range of bushes with the prop that cover the most likely prop adaptor sizes.

You can use a smaller diameter prop to limit the amps the motor takes but it will generate less thrust.
How much thrust you actually need is down to the design and weight of the plane.
Do you have a plane? Does it have a recommended motor/prop/ESC/battery type & capacity?
I don,t have plane yet. I am gonna build it myself

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I recommend a known design for your first build. We will be able to give you far more help if we are familiar with the build. After you have a plane or two under your belt, you will be able to build the plane of your dreams.