Help! Hello new here. Looking for fpv info.

Zombie

Im working on a project and would like to know if there is a way to run a stand alone fpv system without a drone. What is required to make the fpv system work essentially. What system is on the bottom end of price scale for puchace (preferably used) so i can run my proof of concept. Amazon is flooded with options and i dont think FT sellls used. What would you recommend? If i can prove my concept i will build a prototype to run the new dji fpv. But need to get the concept together then start upgrading. Thanks!

CheckMySix

Hey. Sure... FPV doesn't require a vehicle persay. A cheap simple solution would be something like the Fatshark recon 2 you can find on Amazon for about $110. Comes with googles and a 25mw camera. That's pretty low in the power side which means your distance won't be very far. Add a simple say 200mw camera and distance improves.
For battery power, really depends on the camera. A simple 1 or 2 cell battery can power most small cameras.
I'm no expert and just got into FPV a few months ago. That's why I went on the low price side. Figure out what I liked and didn't like. But, what your doing matters as much as what you need. If you're talking long range then you may need a VTX (video transmitter) to boost signal. The 200mw camera I have that has a built in VTX works great for flying the FT Cub around 100+150yds but that's about it. Other things to consider too like if it's an indoor or outdoor deal.
Provide a little more info and I'm sure better people than me can get you in the right path.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Most of the systems are essentially "stand alone"

You get a transmitter in whatever frequency you want to use (2.4, 5.8, 1.2/1.3) and wire that to whatever camera you want. Whatever frequency you get find a reciever to match. You can go with goggles or just a screen with a built in receiver. I've even got a 5.8 receiver that plugs into my phone.

The cheapest "stand alone" setup I could put together with my gear would be an All in One camera/transmitter, powered by a 1s battery with the reciever hooked up to my phone. That's about $30 worth of gear, not including your phone (which in my case is only about $70)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I bought the emax FPV goggles on the ft store for $45. You could get an all in one unit and a battery on amazon for probably $30. That would be all you need.

Zombie

So say i wanted to push a broom in fpv.. Needs cam, headset, and that little box thing attached to camera that the battery plugs into? I dont think i need a transmitter considering im not controlling anything only watching. Through goggles and if someone else wanted to see my broom sweeping skills with another headset they can. Awesome feedback guys i really appreciate it. I hope that makes sense lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So say i wanted to push a broom in fpv.. Needs cam, headset, and that little box thing attached to camera that the battery plugs into? I dont think i need a transmitter considering im not controlling anything only watching. Through goggles and if someone else wanted to see my broom sweeping skills with another headset they can. Awesome feedback guys i really appreciate it. I hope that makes sense lol
For the all-in-one cameras, you won’t need the box to plug the camera into. There will be a lead coming off the camera that the 1s battery plugs straight into. Then you’ll find the channel on your fpv headset.