Hello One & All

KplKrome

I recently stumbled upon Flite Test a few weeks ago after discovering a Peter Sripol video...don't judge, YouTube is a big place! LOL

I have not done anything with RC airplanes in a good many years. My last one was a trainer about 12 years ago. I decided to fly it in my back yard on base housing in Camp Pendleton (yeah, that's a big no no) and I got bold. Something happened mid-air and the plane continued to climb and climb over the next row of housing and I lost it.

I have recently started back into the hobby and I am starting fresh with a little 2 channel mini EZ Corsair that I found plans for (on this forum I believe) and I am currently waiting for my FT order to arrive. I also went ahead and built my first mini Corsair with plans courtesy of the FT group! Thanks for those and look forward to getting more and more into the hobby.

While I love flying them (even with what little experience I have) I find myself enjoying the foam builds just as much. My 7 year old son is super excited to fly as well! Look forward to all the information and advice from everyone and I can't wait to see some of the more complex builds!

Thanks for having me and I'll see you in the threads!!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
The Corsair may not be the best plane to start with, a better choice is the Tiny Trainer.

mastermalpass

Elite member
Welcome to the forums.
The Corsair may not be the best plane to start with, a better choice is the Tiny Trainer.

A warbird is definitely not a beginner friendly flyer but, if its a 2ch EZ Mini... I think it will be crash proof to the point that it doesn't matter. He can just bump and grind his way to proficiency if the plane never breaks! :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I recently stumbled upon Flite Test a few weeks ago after discovering a Peter Sripol video...don't judge, YouTube is a big place! LOL

I have not done anything with RC airplanes in a good many years. My last one was a trainer about 12 years ago. I decided to fly it in my back yard on base housing in Camp Pendleton (yeah, that's a big no no) and I got bold. Something happened mid-air and the plane continued to climb and climb over the next row of housing and I lost it.

I have recently started back into the hobby and I am starting fresh with a little 2 channel mini EZ Corsair that I found plans for (on this forum I believe) and I am currently waiting for my FT order to arrive. I also went ahead and built my first mini Corsair with plans courtesy of the FT group! Thanks for those and look forward to getting more and more into the hobby.

While I love flying them (even with what little experience I have) I find myself enjoying the foam builds just as much. My 7 year old son is super excited to fly as well! Look forward to all the information and advice from everyone and I can't wait to see some of the more complex builds!

Yeah, DON'T fly at Pendleton. :) They'll come down on you like Mjolnir for that sort of stuff, especially with the fire risks from last year. That said, all you need to do is jump on the 76 and head east to the 15. Palomar RC Flyers will allow you to fly with us, we've got a great field, AND we're fairly close. 30 min. from the main gate (if there's traffic on the 76), maybe less...

Maxx

Welcome :)

KplKrome

Post your builds. We would love to see them. BTW, when you flew over bases housing, did it end up like this.

LOL
Not quite..it was only after that I realized flying an RC airplane in military airspace is a bad idea; Especially when you are super close to a flight line where helicopters fly day and night. I managed to avoid any serious repercussions. Just a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again!

KplKrome

Yeah, DON'T fly at Pendleton. :) They'll come down on you like Mjolnir for that sort of stuff, especially with the fire risks from last year. That said, all you need to do is jump on the 76 and head east to the 15. Palomar RC Flyers will allow you to fly with us, we've got a great field, AND we're fairly close. 30 min. from the main gate (if there's traffic on the 76), maybe less...

I'm actually not in CA anymore. Been out of the Marine Corps since 2009 and I went home to Pennsylvania. We actually have an RC airfield not to far from me and when the FT guys talked about Edgewater, I thought it was Florida but just realized it's in Ohio about 5 hours from me. Hoping to be able to go to the next Flight Fest that happens!

KplKrome

Welcome to the forums.

I only built it because it's always been a favorite. I don't plan on putting any electronics in it until I am proficient with easier to fly models.

Although...I am always up for a challenge! LOL

cyclone3350

Master member
A marine who lives on the outer edge of the rules and is fond of Corsairs. Sounds like there might be little Boyington in your family tree.

KplKrome

A marine who lives on the outer edge of the rules and is fond of Corsairs. Sounds like there might be little Boyington in your family tree.

Actually...recently found out I am Scandinavian and Hungarian.

So Viking and Magyar (the famed horseback archers of Hungary) which that explains me to a tee! LOL

cyclone3350

Master member