Hello people

i have always had a interest in the hobby. when i was about 16 i join the local aeroplane club. and bought myself a control line plane nitro engine. first flight i crash it, and lost interest then i moved on to live steam 3.1/4" & 5" gauge
but that was too expensive. then i got into nitro RC 1/8 scale buggies. lost interest in that. then i got really involved with computers and electronics & Cars you drive money pit.
lost interest in that. now i have a fascination with aircraft now & RC aircraft & plotters.
at the moment i'm trying to get employment. yourself ?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That's cool your getting back into RC aircraft, especially after all this time out of it. Good on ya sticking with the mechanical and electronic hobbies though. Again like I said welcome to these forums, it's a great place to get the help you need to fill in the gaps of confusion.

Myself I got into the hobby last spring, walked into a hobby shop for some model rockets for the two boys, pick up on some outdoor bonding time. I ended up walking out with a trainer plane and transmitter as well. I figured the boys would follow me into exploring this hobby but they really didn't take to it, or maybe not just yet. I am goal oriented so when I started flying I got hooked. Had many success's and more failures but I stuck with it, mostly because of being on here. So if I can help other novices through the learning curve much easier then I experienced then I feel like I am paying it forward, if that makes sense.

As of now I am on the verge of putting out plans to a plane I designed for the community to play with. I have some beta builders lined up to test it out on a open public sense just to get a non biased aspect to it. Come to think of it, it could be a good long distance trainer plane if that's what you would be into. I know a couple guys on here that have used similar airframes that would climb to a few thousand feet and stay up for over a half hour with away from home distances of over 5 miles. Something to think about.

What kind of plane are you planning on putting that power plant into?