Hello to FT and RC in general..

RandyO

Well I have never flown RC stuff and now I have the FT build kit with 3 planes.. (they showed up in the mail today, some very nice packaging and going to save that fancy FT box , just too pretty to throw away)

Hats off to you guys for some entertaining videos and am betting that this is going to cost me money in the end.. (sure it will be worth every penny too)..

Watching your videos learning how to control this stuff now...

Bolvon72

Mentor
Welcome Randy. I didn't realize the length of time an order from Hong Kong would take, I ended up buying everything over again from US stores because I was too impatient to wait. That was just the start of my overspending. But I figure the only money wasted is the money that flies away never to be seen, and even then I gained by learning my limits.

RandyO

very cool... I got my motor and first test flight... (I ordered another power setup from one of the other suggested sites and it got here 2 days later, still waiting on HK)..

Lasted about 1 tree... is there some sort of magnetic attraction of paper backed foamboard and tree?

DAMAGE: 1 prop and because I did not use the nylon reinforced packing tape (clear 3m heavy duty), I tore the firewall off too..

fixed but rain and snow... waiting for weather now..

In the mean time.. I got some 11/17 paper and printed out some other patterns..

Bolvon72

Mentor
It's not overspending, you'll use all that gear from Hong Kong on other projects!

Heh, I meant overspending in the amount I put into this hobby that I really shouldn't. I have gone through my disposable income and pulled a bit from savings when I just "had to have it", which I swore I would never do.

RandyO

Ok so I got to fly yesterday.. 4 props worth!!! I tell ya, a palsy marching band looks more coordinated than I did... but I got through a couple batteries... I think a bird fell from the tree I hit last time he was laughing so hard..

Anyway, I figured out how to cut the controls back on the radio.. to about 20% travel and that helped.. *expo?

I can get around with my quad pretty good but the airplane thing is quite a challenge.. nothing at all like flying full scale..

I think I kind of know what Josh S. feels like but without a bunch of people watching... props for taking that pressure..